Chapter 3 ~ Last name - Kuroo.

~~~~~~~~~Reader-chan's POV~~~~~~~~

Tetsu has been coming to the orphanage every day now since last week. We play a bunch of games, like setting and passing with the white and green volleyball. He even taught me how to set properly.

Tetsu plays on a volleyball team called Nekoma. He always tells me how his games went, every little detail. Even how he revived with his face one time!

"With your face?" I asked in a concerning tone. He smirked and pointed to his nose.

"Yep, I even got a bloody nose!" He said, smirking. I squinted my e/c eyes at this.

Today was Sunday, and Tetsu really didn't want to go back in school. I couldn't complain. 1, I don't have school, and 2, I never have.  I always wanted to go to kindergarten, but after Testu's explaintion of it, I really didn't want to go. Luckily I don't have it for another year.

—time skip brought to you by Kenma's hair—

It was 8:15, and my bedtime. Tetsu left the center about 2 hours ago to have dinner. I had 3 rice balls.

I slowly climbed into bed, sliding the thin covers on top of me. The place was cold, so I snuck in a blanket from the washroom. I wrapped myself in it, like a cute lil burrito. I snuggled up, all nice and warm, so I then drifted off into sleep.

'I wonder what will happens tomorrow.' I think to myself.

—Time skip brought to you by rice balls—

~~~Narrator-san's POV~~~

Y/n woke up, jumping out of bed. She unwrapped herself from her former burrito-state.

She put on a small hoodie, (but big on her) with a small pair of jeans.  She shyly crept down the stairs, and into the play area.

She sat on the same bench that Kuroo and his parents sat on with y/n. She looked up, starting at the sky with her e/c eyes.

The sky was a pinkish-blue from the fading sunrise, with clouds that look like lines in the sky. The breeze was fresh and cold, causing leaves to be blown away from their spots on the ground.

"I wish the mornings were always this way."  Y/n mumbled to herself, huffing out a puff of white fog due to her warm breath. She hopped off the bench, and waddled back inside, out of the play area.

——

Thirty minutes after y/n came in from the play area, breakfast was served. The chef made eggs and toast, cut up into little shapes for the children.

Y/n ate slowly, chewing every bite with ease. Then dipping her toast in the watery, yellow egg yoke, before chomping it away.

The children next to her wouldn't stop play and thrashing with their foods. They tore apart the toast and pounded the eggs. Y/n knew they were older, so she didn't ask them to stop. She didn't want to get hurt trying. She moved herself to a different table, with no children there.

After she was done with her meal, she sat down the plate and headed for the volleyball that she always played with. The older children went off to their schools(ranging from kindergarten to 3rd grade). She then started setting against the wall, the way Kuroo taught her to.

She did this sixteen times before taking a break.

"Hey, y/n-Chan!" A sly voice half shouted. Y/n turned around and there was Kuroo.

"Oh, Tetsu" Y/n said calmly. You waddled towards him in a normal manner.

"Hey squirt, come with me, you got a new home!" He said, quite exited. Your eyes lit up with confusion and wonder.

——

"Y-you?" Y/n said confused. She turned to Tetsurou and his parents, with the adoption papers in hand.
(Kitten-Senpai here! Around Kuroo's parents he will be referred to as Tertsurou)

"Yep, it took awhile to finalize everything." Tetsurou said with a smirk. "Why, you disappointed?"

"N-No, I just didn't know." Y/n said.

"Well dear, come now, let's go home." Kai said in a joyful tone. Everyone hopped into the car, with Kuroo helping y/n.

The ride was talkative. Sakura started the conversation off with,
"Y/n, your room will be right across from Tetsurou's and down the hall from ours." Y/n tilted her head in confusion.
"I-I get my o-own room?" She asks quietly.

"Of course sweetie, we are going to the store now so you can pick out some furniture and toys!" Sakura said in excitement. "It has been ages since Tetsurou went toy shopping, since he is apparently a old prune."

"I am not an old prune, I just grew out of blocks and puzzles." Tetsurou retorts. "But I would be happy to go to the toy store with y/n"

"T-toys too?" Y/n asks, since she has never had a real toy that belonged to only her before.

"Yep, of course." Kai jumps into the conversation. "What type would you like?"

"Um, a-animals?" Y/n states in a questioning way.

"Perfect! I know a great stuffed animal place in the mall." Sakura boasts. "Next to the candy store on the second level."

"We'll go there then." Kai bluntly states.

—Time slip brought to u by the ostrich—

After they made it out of the clothes store with hoodies, jeans, leggings, and t-shirts for y/n, they headed for the toy store.

When they got to the escalator, Tetsurou had to carry y/n because she couldn't figure out how to use it. By the time y/n and Tetsurou got up to the second floor, their parents were all over the toy store, placing things into their carts left and right.

"Y/n-chan, what would you like?" Testurou asked as he pointed to the stuffed animal section.
Y/n let go of his hand, then gazed upon the endless shelfs of toys.

Then, she spotted one that made her e/c eyes glimmer. She reached out and grabbed it.

"What do you have there lil fetus?" Tetsurou asked.
Y/n held out the stuffed animal.

"A cat!" Y/n squeals.

(Choose one)Y/n hugged the plush close to her chest, stroking in between the ears

(Choose one)
Y/n hugged the plush close to her chest, stroking in between the ears.

"That's so cute!!!" Sakura squeals out of overload of cuteness. Kai joins her side, staring at the vision of beauty informant of them.

But it only got prettier.

"What will you name it, y/n" Testurou asked

"..." y/n held a moment of silence, then.

"C/n!"

And so,

She cracked her first smile.

Kitten-senpai here!
Hope u all enjoyed this chapter!!!!

Author-San, out
*drops imaginary mic*

Word count:1136