17| I still have her, right?

JACK REILLY smiled contently as he watched his team practice on the ice. however, he hadn't known the type of thunder coming his way.

"Excuse me!" The man in the fancy suit called out as Bombay and Nova trailed behind him, "coach Reilly?"

Reilly snapped his attention over , "yeah?"

"i'm afraid there's a bit of a problem"

"what's that?"

"i'm afraid one of your players is ineligible"

Reilly furrowed his eyebrows and looked down at folder the man had given him. "BANKS!" he called out.

Nova stood between Bombay and the man awkwardly, she was quite shocked that Reilly hadn't noticed her or said anything about her tardiness and how she wasn't wearing her gear.

"this has got to be a joke, right?" Reilly said as Nova snapped her attention towards Adam. He took off his helmet and locked eyes with Nova for a moment. He gave her a confused glance as she shrugged her shoulders since she was just as confused as he was.

"uh- are you this boys father?" The fancy suit man asked Mr Banks who was now standing alongside Coach Reilly, "uh... 450 North Hennipen Avenue? is that your address?"

Mr Banks nodded, "yes.."

"well then i'm afraid there's no mistake. This boy is playing for the wrong team."

Suddenly, Nova was taken a back in shock. "what?" She blurted out at the same time as Adam.

Reilly then snapped his attention to her and furrowed his eyebrows, "how bout her?" He said as he quickly pointed to Nova, "I still have her, right?"

Bombay smirked down at Nova, "well November... what is your address?"

Nova looked up at him with shock and confusion written all over her face, "um... 448 North Hennipen Avenue"

Bombay then looked up at the man in the suit and raised his eyebrows as if asking whether or not he still had Nova on his team.

"According to league rules, Adam Banks should be playing for district 5," The man said to Reilly before turning to Bombay, "and so should she- November Collins"

Nova felt her heart skip a beat. Mostly in shock but also in pure happiness. "Really?!"

Bombay smiled and nodded before nudging her lightly.

"My son is a Hawk," Mr Banks quickly said bluntly, "Not a duck."

"Is this your doing, Gordon?" Reilly accused, snapping Bombay's attention to him.

"i'll expect to see him at our next game," Bombay said with a nod before looking at Adam, "we'll have a uniform waiting for you"

"what?! no way!" Adam said in disbelief and anger

Mr Banks rolled his eyes and pointed at Bombay, "My son would rather not play, than play for your team."

Nova looked at Adam as he looked at his father with a scared and intimidated expression. She felt awfully bad and sorry for him.

"fine, if that's the way you want it," Bombay said calmly, "but remember, if Adam plays for the hawks, you'll have to forfeit every game for the rest of the season. Boy i'd hate to see that."

Nova stood in place as she analysed everyone's expressions. Bombay had walked away with a smirk while Reilly stomped off after him, fuming. Nova hung her head low as she processed everything that she had just been told. The fancy suit man was talking to Adam and Adam's dad and explaining the situation, still visible that Mr Banks was in pure disbelief.

Adam couldn't help but glance over at Nova. Now he knew how she felt. The feeling of being lost and not knowing what to do. He knew McGill and Larson would give him crap for it and he just didn't want to think of the possible reactions he would earn from the ducks.

Nova glanced up after feeling Adam's pair of eyes on her. Her dark green eyes met the gaze of his big blue ones. She gave him an apologetic look before turning away and walking off the ice. He sighed and saw his dad with furrowed eyebrows and a stern expression. He decided to slip away from the intense conversation because a) he didn't want to hear more about how horrible the situation was, and b) he wanted to go talk to Nova.

Adam skated off and stepped out of the rink. He looked around until he spotted Nova while she was picking up her things from the front of the hawks locker room. He began to walk over to her but she hadn't realised his presence. She began to walk away, all the way up to the Ducks dressing room. She passed by Reilly who glared at her as he walked in the other direction with anger in his eyes. Adam saw him too since he had followed Nova. Reilly looked at him cocked his head in the direction of the rink. "come on Banks" He said loudly and sternly before grabbing the sleeve of Adam's jersey and turning him around.

Nova furrowed her eyebrows and turned to look at the direction Reilly went. She sighed sadly as she saw Adam walking away with his head hanging low and Reilly basically dragging him back to the rink.

"i told you i'd figure something out" Bombay smiled form behind Nova.

She turned to him and smiled half-heartedly, "thanks coach... but- why'd you drag Banks into this?"

Bombay knitted his eyebrows together as he sighed and put his hands on his hips, "well... why not? he's a good player and with him on our team, we have a chance at beating the hawks and possibly winning this thing"

November pursed her lips together and looked down. She was slightly hurt by his words but she didn't show it, "with him or without him, we would've still had a chance, right?"

Bombay opened his mouth to speak but no words came out. he stopped and close his mouth before looking away from the small brunette girl. Nova sighed quietly and nodded knowingly.

"um... thanks for getting back on your team, coach," She said quietly, "but i think i'm going to pass on this game tonight... i'm feeling kinda tired and exhausted.. is it okay if i just sat out, probably go home?"

Bombay shrugged his shoulders, "i suppose... but don't you want to tell the team that your back?"

Nova thought for a moment before shanking her head, "no it's okay... you can tell them..."

Bombay nodded and walked off, leaving November to stand there alone.

as much as Nova wouldn't admit it, she wasn't as happy as she thought she'd be. It was like a huge weight was lifted off her shoulder but a pound of guilt was added. Her emotions were all mixed up in a bundle with sadness, guilt, happiness and shock. It was like the entire few days before this hadn't happened and the hawk issue wasn't that bad.

So, as she stood there in shock, she hadn't realise her entire team walking out if their locker room with angry expressions while Charlie and Fulton walked towards the rink in their gear. Connie, Guy and Averman all noticed her presence but she was too preoccupied with her thoughts to realise her best friends standing there with a with lot of questions.