Emma

Ariyah-

Waking up with the sun glaring in my eyes was a quick wake up call that it was morning already. Quickly, I grab the sheets and cover and throw them over my head and face plant into my pillow, all while mildly grunting to myself. After a few moments, soaking in my sorrows of how the day will play out, the thought of a warm, relaxing bath would be ideal. To add to my ridiculousness, I start talking to my self saying, "Time to go get nakey!" Shaking my head as I walk pass my window, I look over and see the blanket that I have folded neatly on my desk. It's kept perfectly folded away from anything else because I'm super paranoid that something will happen to it, as it's irreplaceable.

The blanket sits there with the image of family my crest on the corner flap, the name Kendrick written right below it. Being the only other thing besides my pendant, that my birth family left with me, I hold it very close to my hear. Maybe one day they'll help me get one step closer to finding out who I truly am. Before I knew it, I was already in the bathroom drawing up the water and adding my favorite scent of bubble bath to the water. Soon as the tub was filled to the perfect level, I got in one step at a time and slid down the back side of the claw tub. Finally relaxing, I started singing, stupidly to myself. "I'm ready for some pizza. Oh yeah!! I'm readddyyyy for the pizza! So when yaaaa gonna buy my pizza brah?????"

Mom started beating on the door, asking me who I was talking to. My eyes widen with embarrassment, "Myself?" She pretty much brushed it off. It was like I could sense her shrug her shoulders as she said, 'Okay, It's official, you have lost your damn mind.' Laughing softly but responding like I was the cool kid, "Pizza is life, okay?" I could hear her now, mocking me. There was a low giggle tone in her voice when she replied, 'Yeah, okay. We'll follow that story, if that's what you really think.' Well that's the end of that fun. She has done killed my vibe.

After I could clearly tell she was no longer lingering outside the door, I reached for the towel and stepped out of the tub on the to the shaggy, memory foam rug, to dry my feet. Reaching for my navy blue jogger pants and the matching hoodie, I skipped over to the full size mirror and slipped them on. After I slipped my feet into my sneakers, I walked back to my vanity to grab some lip gloss then snatched up my pendant and headed down to the kitchen for breakfast.

After I made it to the kitchen and noticed it was empty and breakfast was cleared up, I looked up at the clock and realized I must have slept through my alarm clock because it was clearly past the call of breakfast. A sudden grin grew upon my face. Thinking, oh well, that means it is almost pizza time. Throwing my arms up in the air and waving them around, I started chanting. "Pizza pizza pizza, it's almost pizza grubbing time!" It didn't take long to snap out of my trance when dad start scream, 'We can still hear you!' I just ignored him and pulled out my phone to give Emma an update and to verify that we were still on for today.

Trying to keep it simple, I sent her a 'good afternoon' text. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't gonna show up to the pizzeria and be stood up like a fool. She verified that our lunch date was still a go, but that she was going to be running a few minutes behind. Trying to be proactive, I offered to still head over on time to grab a seat, so we didn't have to wait long for food. Ended the conversation with, 'Awesome sauce.' I know it's such a corky thing to say but I'm corky so it fits.

I was so excited to the point that I started, anxiously, waving my hands in a wide circular motion and crazy dancing in the dining room. I was pondering to myself, all the different scenarios that could happen and what advice that Emma could share with me. If there is one thing I'm more excited for then anything, it's being able to talk to someone from outside the family, and of course, someone who isn't old enough to be my guardian. Speaking of my parents. As I headed for the living room, I couldn't help but laugh at my self thinking of how goofy I act when I think nobody else is around.

The Mysterious PendantOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara