Reality Sinks In

Ariyah-

We must have been on the other side of the campus. The further we got to the the main entrance, the more people I seen gathered together in groups. When we got closer to one of, what I assume was a main building, I noticed a girl off to the right that was talking on her phone. We stopped just at the edge of the sidewalk, that lead up the walkway to the doors. Imani got really excited and said, 'Hey there's Bella.' Shannon threw up some air quotes and made the sarcastic comment, 'I wonder if she's picking up her class schedule?' I'm not sure what that was all about, so I just ignored it. I figured Imani knew. They walked up to her and I followed suit.

Interrupting the poor girl's phone call, Shannon says hey. Looking up and realizing who was speaking to her, she got all excited and hung up the phone. The girls start picking on her, but I noticed that she started to look at me very strange, as if she's trying to figure out who I am. Imani kept picking on her but she interrupted her to ask who their new friend was. Obviously, she was referring to me. Chuckling Imani responded, 'I see what you did there!' Imani turned around and told Shannon to go ahead and take me to their magical buff and that she would fill us in later on what her and Bella had talked about. Shannon just shrugged her shoulders and told Bella to be prepared for the interrogation that she was about to get from Imani about she was talking to on the phone.

Once again, I was standing in an awkward situation, not knowing what was going on. I spoke up and told them that I was ready if they were, well if she was so we could head on in and try to get some answers, finally. Shannon agreed with a night and told me to follow her and she let me up the stairs and into the main door.

We walked down a few corridors and finally came to a big heavy wooden door with an old brass lock. Further inspecting it, I noticed that unlike every other door that we had passed that seem modern, this brass lock had to be opened with a skeleton key. It was like this one office in this entire building, was stuck back hundreds of years ago and never replaced. I see Shannon reach up to grab a old knocker ring, that itself looked like it was twenty pounds, and she knocked it three times. We waited for a few moments and then I heard the door handle turn as the door, slowly, opened.

I was a little startled when I heard a soft voice say, 'good morning Miss Fletcher' before the door was completely open and she could see us. Shannon must have sensed the fact that it spooked me a bit because she grabbed ahold of my hand and squeezed it for reassurance. This in itself, should have thrown me for a loop a little bit, but it didn't. It, actually, felt comforting. I heard her mumble under her breath, 'Everything is okay, just trust me.' Oddly enough, I did just that. I trusted her.

Looking all around the room, when we finally entered, everything seem to look aged. It was like it wasn't even from this era. I took a seat beside Shannon in the two chairs that were in front of this lady's desk. I wasn't sure what to say, so I just looked around and then found my eyes going back to the woman, who sat across the desk from me, she was gorgeous. In noticing the book shelves full of older books, I took it as she was a wise woman, but she didn't look much older than us. Deep down, I knew she had to be much older than her teens. Her should length, wavy hair radiated with a strawberry blond hue. The large round rimmed glasses were the only bit of her that showed age. It wasn't the style but how the engravings were down the side that made them seem vintage.

Once everyone was situated, Shannon greeted her and addressed her by the name Ms Scarlett. I, immediately, assumed that she must be a teacher of some sort. It would explain why they called her a magical buff, maybe she teaches magical history from the medieval time. The teacher lowered her glasses and greeted her back. 'Good morning, miss Fletcher, who is your friend?' Shannon, sheepishly, rubber her neck and told her that I was the reason we were stopping by. Ms Scarlett leaned back in her chair and asked what she could do for the both of us.