Laurie I

Here's part 2! I've decided to make it alternate between Laurie and Amy's point of views... who knows if I decide to add more POV's. Anyways I don't own the characters. I could only wish to be so lucky.

Laurie lit a cigarette and brought it to his lips. He slowly inhaled with practiced precision and exhaled letting out a light amount of smoke from the chimney of his mouth. He grinned at the three girls who kept sneaking glances at him and they burst into giggles. They always do that.

One girl in Venice that he had slept with regularly had said that his smile was sinful. As they laid in bed together, she had explained while stroking his cheek that like the devil had seduced humans into sins, his smile had made her cheat on her boyfriend. It had made him frown and feel guilty. How was it his fault that she had destroyed her relationship? He didn't even know she was with someone. Except he had seen that her phone's background screen was a man kissing her on the cheek. Anyways girls always fell for his smile, blame his Italian roots.

Unfortunately, the only one who didn't fall for that no matter how hard he tried was the only one he wanted.

The metro arrived and he quickly squashed the cigarette beneath his foot.

He checked his phone and saw there was another email from his grandfather. He closed his phone. He'll check it later. He doesn't want to have his mood spoiled by his grandfather subtly demanding when he intends to come home.

He was glad to have run into Amy March. How he had missed the little girl that followed him and Jo around all the time. When he had dropped her off a few days earlier, he had still been pretty shocked at how beautiful she had grown to be in the two years he had not seen her.

She had been adorable at twelve and he could not help but spoil her even as Jo scolded him for letting little Amy get her way too often. Now, she has gone from adorable to pretty to beautiful. The features she had always hated the most gave her fair face character. Her blue eyes were keener than ever as they observed the natural world around them for inspiration and her curls were more abundant and golden than a Disney princess. Jo must hate that she's away from home. Now she can't beat boys off with a stick.

He smiled at the thought even as his heart twinged in pain for Jo.

Laurie knocked on the door of the townhouse that he had brought Amy to the previous day.

"Hello Laurie." The blonde greeted him. "Come in, you must be freezing out there."

She grabbed his arm to guide him in. He looked around his almost sister's new living situation. The living room she brought him to was composed of three rich purple couches and one cream longchair. A low glass table on top of a detailed blue carpet. A beautiful chandelier hanging from high ceilings. It was nothing new to him as he was used to living luxuriously but he knew how special this must be for her.

"Well now, Amy March is living it up!" He toasted her with the glass of water she had given him. She laughed.

"It is quite something, isn't it! Oh Laurie, look at those beautiful windows and the carvings in the wall. You should see how pretty this is in spring!"

"I remember a time when you were too scared to even stay with your aunt March! You begged me to come see you everyday you were there." He laughed.

She blushed prettily. While the circumstances of why she needed to stay for almost the entire summer at her aunt's were not good ones, that being Beth in the worst of the radiotherapy and Marmee and Mr. March not wanting their youngest to see it, he had good memories of visiting Amy and keeping her spirits up.

"I was terrified of her!" Amy laughed. "And you did come to see me everyday! Just like you promised."

"What promise?" Demanded the croaking voice of old Aunt March.