Chapter 2: Meeting the uncles and cousins

Opening my eyes I noticed that I was in a room that I did not recognize. My bags were all on the floor and my laptop, phone, and tablet were on a desk across the room. Yawning I stretch and rub my eyes as I stand up and walk out the bedroom door.

Walking down the stairs I see a group of men that I do not know. Staring at them I see dad come up to me as I cower into his chest and he leads me to the group of men who keep watching me. Sighing dad sits on one of the couches as he pulls me into his lap and I stare at the strangers.

"Where are my brothers?" I whisper in dad's ear as he smiles down at me.

"They are all in their rooms unpacking and mom is in the kitchen cooking dinner for everyone. How about you meet your uncles and cousins now. We will go from oldest to youngest." Dad says as I nod and sit up on his lap.

"Well sweetie I am uncle Rowan. If you need anything at all please come to me okay. I have 5 sons that you will meet in a few minutes." Uncle Rowan says as I sit next to dad and he comes and sits on the other side of me.

"I am the second oldest with 6 sons. I am uncle Victor and little one don't worry your head off. You are completely safe here." Uncle Victor says as he sits in one of the chairs across from the couch and I smile softly at him as he returns the gesture.

"Hey kiddo I am uncle Dean and I have 3 sons. Now little one I am the fun and cool uncle so if you ever need to talk to someone or just wanna have some fun come to me honey." Uncle Dean says standing next to uncle Victor as I nod at him.

"Uncle Luke here. Don't you worry honey I have the whole house set up with an amazing alarm system so your safe." Uncle Luke says as I nod and rub my eyes laying on dad's shoulder.

"I'm uncle Dylan young one." Uncle Dylan says as he rubs the back of his neck.

"What is wrong Dylan?" Uncle Rowan asks as I turn to look at uncle Dylan.

"Why doesn't she talk?" Uncle Dylan asks as I look down to the floor and dad clears his throat.

"Ever since the abuse of Daniel and his father she doesn't talk much. Give her some time and she will eventually talk to you all. She has been through a lot and it's hard for her to trust people." Dad says as I nod and get up to hug uncle Dylan as he hugs me back and I walk over to dad again and sit on his lap again.

"Well I am uncle Noah and don't worry about talking Dawn. When you feel comfortable enough then you talk. Until then we will work with you on trusting people." Uncle Noah says as I nod and he smiles at me.

"Uncle Jared." Uncle Jared says as I stare at him and smiles softly at me.

"I am uncle Shane and little one me and you will be spending a lot of time together." Uncle Shane says as I smile widely at him causing him to wink at me.

"Hey don't corrupt my daughter please." Dad says as I let out a giggle and he smiles down at me kissing me on my forehead.

"The best is the last of the bunch. I am Uncle Silas honey." Uncle Silas says as I nod and he smiles at me.

"Okay now the kids please step forward." Dad says as the group of men step up and I coward into dad as he rubs his hand in my hair to calm me down.

"Hello I am Tanner the oldest of Rowan. I am 21 years old and I work at an auto shop." Tanner says as he steps back and sits on the couch across from me and dad.

"Hello beautiful I am Ethan and I am 20. I work as a journalists. If you need anything come find me okay." Ethan says as he goes to sit next to Tanner.

"I am Aiden and i'm 18 as well as being a senior in high school. These two idiots standing next to me are Jacob and Mason. Jacob is 17 and Mason is 16. Jacob is a junior and Mason is a sophomore in high school." Aiden says as I nod and all three of them sit on the couch together.