Chapter 4: Day With Family

Dawn's pov.

Smiling at my cousins I stand up and walk outside to the garden. Sitting on the swing I watch as all my cousins come out and sit around me. I don't mind them staring at me because my brothers do the exact same thing.

"Jacob since there are two of you that have the same name I am going to call you JJ." I say loud enough as he smiles at me and nods his head in agreement.

"How are you feeling?" Tanner asks me as I swing back and forth softly staring at the ground.

"I am fine." I say softly but loud enough for everyone to hear me.

"Dawn you don't have to be afraid okay. There are a lot of us here and nobody is going to get to you. But when we go to the cabin and you meet our grandfather I need you to come to us if he ever makes you uncomfortable okay." Sawyer says as I give him a confused look not knowing what he means.

"Our grandfather is a dangerous man if you are not careful. He believes that women are an object and they need disciplined." Dallas says as I grip onto the chains of the swing tightly.

"Dawn I need you to trust us on this. Never ever be in a room alone with him okay. You are family now and we will protect you from him and the stalker." Anthony says as he lifts my head up and looks at me in the eyes and I can see how serious he is by the expression on his face.

"Dawn what all has Daniel and his father done to you?" Atlas says as Troy smacks him in the back of his head and he grunts as I let out a chuckle.

"You don't have to tell us if you are not ready." Ryan says as I shrug and smile at him as he smiles back.

"Daniel was very abusive towards me. Eventually it was to late to get out of it and he threatened to slice my throat if I told anyone. Luckily I had Eric to help me though so I am grateful. That is why me and him are so close and he knows so much about me." I say loudly for everyone to hear me.

"Eric is a cool guy." Hayes says as I smile and chuckle a little nodding at him as he smiles.

"At first it was a smack here and there if he got mad. I thought I deserved it and that I shouldn't make him mad. Then it got worse to where even if I look at him wrong it got me a beating. I guess he got mad because I confronted him at a party for being mean to Eric cause he was gay. Anyways he held me down and raped me. But that did not satisfy him enough and he brought a baseball bat with him and decided I needed to suffer more. I am sure you all know what he did with the bat." I say as a tear rolls down my cheek and I turn away not wanting to see the looks on their faces.

"Oh Dawn you have been through so much and it never seems to end. But don't you worry because they gotta go through us first." Gavin says as he flexes his muscles causing me to break out laughing at his silliness.

"You have a wonderful smile and laugh. You should use them more often and open up to us Dawn." Archer says as I nod in agreement with him.

"So how is your arm?" Chance says as I shrug and wiggle my fingers on my left broken arm.

"It hurts but I am okay now since I got the medicine. Just gonna take some time to heal now." I say shrugging it off as everyone nods.

"Well Dawn there is a lake in the woods if you wanna hang with us. We all spend time there all the time. Maybe when your brothers come out we can go. Just gotta tell the old parents where we are." Hunter says as I chuckle and nod in agreement.

"I would like that very much." I say smiling as I look up at the clouds in the sky slowly rolling by.

"Dawn do you know who your real dad is?" Aaron asks me as I turn to look at him with sad eyes.