Chapter 18: News

Dawn's pov. (Dreaming in the hospital)

Fluttering my eyes open I look around as I see myself laying on the ground in a field of grass. Confused because last thing I remember was being on the hospital bed surrounded by my family. This can not be the end of my life though because I just got to be free and feel safe around my family.

"You are not dead my child." I hear a deep voice behind me as I turn around and see my grand father standing there smiling down at me.

Reaching my hand out he walks up to me and puts his hand in mine helping me off of the ground. Pulling him into a hug I hear him chuckle as he holds me tighter. Holding back my tears I smile and listen to the beating of his heart.

"Grand father why have I come here?" I ask as he leads me to a small table in the middle of a garden of flowers.

"My darling do not be alarmed at what I am going to tell you?" Grandfather says as he grabs a chair and sits it in front of me and I nod looking into his baby blue eyes.

"Okay grand father." I say softly as he grins at me and puts my hands in his making sure I stay calm and safe.

"Daniel had a brother but he also had a sister. She is nothing like them at all but she has shadows that follow her everywhere. Her name is Phoenix, she is only 12 now and I took her in when I was alive. She is to scared to approach you but she lives in Brookeville where your moving. The boys have been getting a bad feeling but you need to tell them that it is not because of her. Her brother had debt and he sold her to a mafia but she has been hiding. I found her abandoned and starving in the street so I took her in as my own child and raised her until I died my dear one." Grandfather says as a tear slides down his face and I whip it away with my thumb.

"What does she look like?" I say as he hesitates but takes a deep breathe and looks back into my eyes.

"She has the most beautiful red hair, she is very skinny because she was starved so much in her life, one of her eyes is blue and the other is green as well. She knows who you are Dawn but not the rest of the family. I want you to tell your parents to take her in. She is my daughter not by blood but I see her as one." Grandfather says in a shaky voice and I can tell her was trying so hard not to cry.

"I will do it grand father. I will search for her and I will command my parents to take her in. I trust you grandfather and your judgement." I  say with a small smile as he takes a breathe and pulls me into a hug.

"Darling thank you so much now you need to get back and pass on the message. Let the family know I am watching over them all and it would be nice if they all talked to me sometimes. I love you baby now close your eyes and when they open again you will be back home." Grandfather says as I stand up and he hugs me tightly as I feel him kissing the top of my head causing me to smile.

DREAM OVER AND DAWN IS NOW IN THE HOSPITAL ROOM ONCE AGAIN.

Opening my eyes I jolt out of the bed as the machines go off and I see mom and dad at the side of my bed with a concerned look. Sitting up in the bed I noticed that it was morning and I will be going home soon. Taking a deep breathe I rub my hands through my hair calming myself down.

"Dawn what is going on?" I hear mom say as I take the blanket off of me and try to stand up.

"I need to find her." I say out loud putting my feet on the cold hard ground of the hospital room.

"Who? Baby talk to us." Dad says as I look around my room to see everyone looking at me and I sit on the side of the bed.

"If I tell you this you can not freak out of look at me any different and you have to hear the whole story before you get mad okay?" I say taking a deep breathe trying to not break out crying.