Kiribaku

Standing in the line of fire
His breathing was labored, deep breaths coming in through his nose, out through his mouth. Kirishima could hardly keep it together at the sight.
As the offender's quirk rained bullets down on them, he hardened his back. Lead pelted him like rain on a stormy day. He picked up his partner. They needed to get out of there.

Moving on through the fray
Kirishima's legs pounded the ground as he carried the other to safety. The pros had shown up just in time, like they always did. They told him to leave with his friend. There was an ambulance down the street.
Bakugou has been shot. Right in the lower abdomen. He was loosing blood fast. The redhead's tears streamed down his face.

Coming over trench and wire
He jumped over a small crater made by the attacks. He was finally out of the area. He looked down at the ash blonde in his arms. He was pale, blood slowly sweeping out of his mouth. He checked the wound. It was bleeding profusely. Kirishima had taken off his flannel jacket he was wearing to stop the blood flow, but it was soaked through. Bakugou breathed in again, sounding like he was choking.
Kirishima looked around frantically, but there was no ambulance. He started to panic. He set Katsuki down on the pavement gently. He saw flashing lights in the distance.
"Hey! Over here!" He waved them down. He was relieved when he saw them stop, then turn his way. Kirishima smiled for a moment, then turned to look to Bakugou. He wasn't moving. He wasn't making any sounds.
"No, no, no!" Kirishima screamed, "Please! Bakugou stay with me!" He scrambled to press on the wound again. He hoped he could still save the boy below him. No response came.
Tears flowed freely from Kirishima's eyes. He kneeled next to Bakugou.
"Bakugou..." Kirishima brought his hand up to Bakugou's face, gently wiping off some of the dirt. No response.
Kirishima barley heard anything as the Paramedics came up to him. He didn't hear anything as he and Bakugou were brought into an ambulance. He barley heard anything as he watched the doctors hook up IVs and various other chords to his friend's dead body. He couldn't hear. There was a ringing back tracked by a deafening silence. He cried. He cried for a long time.
He cried all day. He cried when Mina tried to comfort him. He cried when he was told to go back to school. He cried at the funeral. He cried until his heart bled and the river ran dry.
He refused to eat or sleep. He simply accepted condolences from his friends with a saddened smile and dull eyes. He ignored his lessons, grades dropping substantially. What was the point anymore? What was the-

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kirishima shot up. The bright morning sun shifted through his fiery curtains.
'It's morning' He thought to himself. 'What was that? Was that real?'
Kirishima got up and dressed as usual. He checked his bag. 'Everything's there' The redhead walked out of his dorm. He moved down the hall in silence, until he felt a hand on his shoulder.
"Oi, shitty hair. Where do you think you're going? We walk together, remember?" The gruff voice sounded from behind him. Kirishima spun around. It was Bakugou. He was speechless.
"But... aren't you..." Kirishima looked befuddled. 'Dead?'
"Aren't I what?" Bakugou gave him a half glare. "You're acting weird. Talk to me after school," He shook his head, "Let's go."
Kirishima smiled. 'So it was a dream...'

Live to fight another day

————
Uhm I don't write much. This sucks. Gimme prompts. Have a good day.
Song Lyrics: The Future of Warfare by Sabaton