✿ Chapter Four - Unexpected Encounter

I instantly froze. I had no idea what to do. Hide? Run away? Maybe just act natural and hope he'd leave? What could I do? What could I do? What could I do?

Hopefully all three of them. With my left palm, I covered my face, using some strands of my hair as well. I was full of hope he wouldn't see me, I even started praying, and I was not a religious person.

"Maybe she got sick of your ass, did you think of that? All you do is call the poor woman and ask her to do your job." Who I thought was his friend said in a thick tone that definitely made him sound maturer than Mr Black.

"That's because she's my personal assistant. She's lucky I don't ask her to iron my clothes and just take them from the laundry room." He replied, that arrogance showing in his tone.

If I was lucky for that, he was lucky I wasn't drunk enough to slap him for saying it.

"You gotta give her a break, all she does is work for you day and night. I can bet she's sleeping now at how much you tire her." His friend insisted on the theme.

"She better be, cause in the morning she'll get an earful for missing my call." Mr Black growled angrily, actually surprising me.

I wanted to turn around, slap him or punch him, whichever was better, but I remembered I couldn't be seen in the same fucking club with my boss. No way in hell! If people pulled out their phones and took photos and I'd show up I'd be even more than screwed. I'd be fucking done for!

I could not afford him seeing me!

"Another drink, darling?" The bartender asked, stopping in front of me with a towel and a glass he was cleaning.

"Another whiskey please." I smiled at him, still hardly covering my face from the two men's sight.

The bartender hurried to do my drink, as one warm body sat next to me. "I'll pay for it." Mr Black said, his voice getting darker in my ear. "And what is such a lovely woman doing alone in a club at this hour?"

I couldn't even believe he wasn't recognising me at how close he stood to me. I wanted to laugh at his question, but then I decided not to fuck it up. "Took a break from work. You?" I asked in a vacant tone, hoping he'd leave me alone.

"Maybe the same." He chuckled as the bartender gave me my drink. I reached for it, with my fingers, the same manicure from this morning, but different silver rings complimenting my hand.

I did not notice my mistake in that.

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Logan
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

She was burning hot, with just that touch of sweet from her perfume. The tight clothes fitted her perfectly, mostly that tight skirt that so smoothly shaped her ass. Of course, I didn't see her standing, but I was sure she was just as hot.

I saw the bartender leave the drink in front of her, but my eyes curiously returning to the back of the hand that covered her face from my sight. I bit my lip, only imagining the beauty she must've been behind that hand, having the intention to ask for her name. At that moment I saw her other hand, reaching for the glass of whiskey. She had beautiful fingers, short and a bit boney, but her nails? Oh, her nails got my attention.

They were painted in red. The same red I was sure I've seen before. That little, delicate hand got even more familiar. My mind started to churn at the memory, all the possibilities going through my mind, only one person slipping.

Samantha. Samantha had the same nails and fingers, all only lacking the rings. My eyes widened instantly as I understood why that hand was covering her face. I gripped her wrist and pulled it away.