14.

I slowly blink my eyes open, head pounding. I try to take notice of my surroundings, but it's getting too difficult to breathe. My chest starts rising up and down and I start to feel tears in my eyes. It doesn't help that my head is pounding. I feel a few tears roll down my cheek and start panting hard. Shit, I'm having a panic attack.

I try hard to calm myself down but I can't. I try to bring my hands up to my face but it doesn't work. It's at this moment that I realise my hands are tied up. I feel my heartbeat increase further and my forehead starts sweating. My vision is blurred and I can't see anything but my hair falling on my face.

"Y/N? Y/N, you're awake! Calm down, please." I hear Jungkook's voice and I feel my heartbeat slow down, and my breathing also slows. "I'll get us out of here, please stop crying! Those bastards-look, Y/N, look at me. Please."

I try to slow my breathing, and then look up to see Jungkook sitting on a chair, his arms tied up behind him. "Look, it's okay, calm down, you're fine. You're okay," I feel my heartbeat go back to normal, and my panting stops. "Exactly, see? You're fine. Don't worry, I'll get us out of here."

I sit straight up, trying to get my hair out of my face so I can look around the room. It was like a prison cell, with the only source of light being a small window at the top of the room and a lightbulb hanging from the ceiling. We were inside bars, and I start examining everywhere to see if there's anyway to get out. I ask Jungkook, "What happened? Where's Bruno?"

I see him shaking his head, "I don't know, I woke up a while ago and I was tied up to this chair. My head really hurts so I'm assuming someone or something banged us all on our heads with it."

I take a deep breath, pulling myself together. I watch Jungkook closely, "Think, Jungkook, think. How the hell do we get out of here?" He makes a pained expression, biting the inside of his cheek before saying, "I don't know, I don't know! I'm so stressed and my arms hurt so bad." I look Jungkook in the eyes, "Listen. I need you to think of something really quick. You're the smartest guy I know. Lisa told me all about how smart you are, so I'm gonna need you to think of something fast so we can get the hell out of here and save Bruno."

Jungkook puffs out a breath, exasperated. He looks around, and finally his eyebrows jump up, "Okay, I thought of something but its gonna be hard. I'm gonna need our chairs to be facing away from each other and the backs of our chairs touching each other. Do you think you can do that?" I nod, starting to move my chair and Jungkook does the same. Finally we are back to back. All of a sudden, I feel the rope on my arms slip off, and I quickly untie Jungkook's too. I bring my wrists to the front and rub them, feeling the irritation on my skin. I bend down to untie the rope on my legs, and then stand up, looking at Jungkook who was also done. "Smart, Jeon. But how do we get out of here?"

Jungkook turns around to examine the cell bars, and notices a lock. He turns back to me, "You're gonna have to think about this one. My mind is stumped right now." I roll my eyes at him, walking towards the barred door. I look at the lock, which was on the outside. An idea pops into my head, and I quickly bring my arm up to my head, taking a bobby pin out of it. I twist the bobby pin so only one end sticks out, and carefully slip my hands through the bars. I pick up the lock with my left hand, and shove the bobby pin in it with my right. I twist it around until it finally clicks open. I sigh in relief, taking my hands out and opening the door. I turn to look at Jungkook, who's staring at me with his mouth open. I smile wide, "I'm a genius, I know." Jungkook snaps out of his daze, bringing his face back to that annoying mocking expression, "Who was the one crying ten minutes ago, huh?" My smile drops immediately, "Shut up, Jeon." He smiles and walks out the door, leaving me to follow behind.

As he's about to turn into a hallway, I grab his arm and pull him back, "We don't have any weapons, how are we gonna fight?" Jungkook smirks, "I have my fists." I roll my eyes, again. "Yeah, no. You're gonna get us killed." Jungkook puts his face closer to mine, causing me to widen my eyes, "I'll protect you, princess." I scoff, pushing his face back. "You did not just call me princess." Jungkook smirks, grabbing my arm, "So what if I did?" I smack his hand, "Fuck off, Jeon." He smiles at me before turning and leaving into the hallway. I breathe out. What has gotten into him?

I follow him, and surprisingly enough, there weren't any guards or anything. The whole place was built like a maze, so it was difficult to find the room Bruno was in. Jungkook groans as we walk, "Ugh, this is all your fault." I gasp, staring at him with a hurt face, "No it's not! You're the one who lost the goddamn key." Jungkook rolls his eyes. "You're honestly the worst person to go on a mission with. Can't you just accept that people make mistakes sometimes?" My eyebrows jump, "Look here, boy. I made sure not to blame you for not having the key, but since you blamed me, I had to let you know that you are wrong, as usual."

Jungkook looks at me, stopping in his tracks, "Why do you do this?"

I stop, folding my arms on my chest, "Do what?"

Jungkook bites his lip in anger, "Act super nice, and then become a bitch five seconds later."

I scoff in disbelief, "Excuse me?"

He rolls his eyes, "Don't play that excuse me shit with me, it's not gonna work. You were so nice when we were on the road together, but now you've become your ordinary bitch ass self again. Honestly, I can see why Jin Hyung didn't like you now."

I feel my heart drop to my stomach at his last sentence, my face falling instantly. He did not just say that. I feel my eyes start to get teary, but I hold them back. I bite the inside of my cheek before speaking, "You're a dick, Jungkook." I then turn back around and continue walking away from him, not surprised when he doesn't follow. Once I'm out of his sight, I feel tears drip down my face. I take a shaky breath, unconsciously biting my lip. I hate him.