:: 2 ::

Next morning, I got a call and I was so tired of being there that I just answered without even looking who was it. It was a real surprise to hear Sophia's voice. Sophia said she would be flying to New Hampshire for spring break. I took away the phone and looked at it, like trying to understand why she was calling me. Or why she was telling me she was going to New Hampshire.

Usually, she would spend her days off with Liam. I stuttered and she confessed her relationship with Liam had ended. My eyes were wide open and I thought Sophia would go crazy towards Alice, blaming her for Liam's cheating. But then, I recalled I did not know the reason of the break up, so I kept my mouth shut.

Once I hung up, I looked for Liam. "So, she called you." He said when I knocked on his door. "Yeah, I just hung up. What's going on? I knew she suspected something and asked Alice for help, but." I trailed off. "She just blurted out last night and I just had to come clean." Liam confessed as he sat down and covered his face with his hands.

"Did you involve Alice in this? Because Sophia is flying to her right now." I told him, more worried on Alice's safety than his guilty face. "I told her I just hooked up with some random girl. Sophia cried and that seriously broke my heart. She's amazing and I did feel great with her." As Liam spoke, I just thought how idiot he had been.

"We all knew that from the beginning. That's why we all were shocked with all the Gin thing." I confessed, already knowing that his excuse would be complicated. "For a moment, I thought she would bring me the same happiness Alice brought you." I just looked at him. Gina looked alike Alice, no doubt, but she was far away to be like her.

"Mate, she's not as close to be awesome as my Penguin. They look alike, but Gin is far to be like Alice. Gin is always whining and jealous of Alice, she has always been." I said, without measuring my words. "I don't know, mate. I did feel something when I was with her." I rolled my eyes. "Yeah. It's call lust." I patted his shoulder and then I stood up.

"Anyway, mate. Did you check Twitter?" I scrunched my nose. I was not very keen of that social network. I only checked it to stalk Alice. "You know I'm not very fond of that." Liam nodded and fished his phone out. "Alice twitted. Did something else happen today?" As soon as I heard her name, my whole body went numb.

"Not that I know of." I logged into Twitter and looked through the timeline, but my head was running. "Okay, let me read it." I nodded. "This is the first one from today. Barely after midnight. "I can't believe it's over" I felt a pang in my chest. Was she really referring to our relationship as 'it'?

"The second one has lots of words." I nodded, already afraid of her words. "Okay. 'Sometimes it seems like you are the only one in the world who's struggling, who's frustrated, unsatisfied, barely getting by. But that feeling's a lie. And if you just hold on, just find the courage to face it all for another day, someone or something will find you and make it all okay.' That's so unlike Alice." Liam added as he kept scrolling down.

"That's some deep shit." What was going on with my Penguin? "That's not all. A few minutes later, she wrote 'Because we all need a little help sometimes. Someone to help us hear the music in the world, to remind us that it won't always be this way. That someone is out there. And that someone will find you.' Alice is really suffering."

His words went through me and I felt powerless. "I should be there." I sat down again, trying to mend my own heart to not take the next plane to New Hampshire. "Harry, shut up. I'm not done. 'Life comes rushing at you from out of the darkness. When it does, is there someone in your life you can count on - someone who will watch over you when you stumble and fall, and in that moment, give you the strength to face your fears alone?' Can you like convince her to come?"