Chapter Nineteen

I look at myself in the mirror. I've chosen a little black mini and black heels. My red curls are left in loose waves and I've drawn the fainrest smudge of kohl around my eyes, with sparkling green behind.
I think I look OK.
I walk down to the entrance hall. As I go through the common room, I feel some stares on me, but I ignore them.
I see Seamus in the entrance hall, holding a picnic basket. He swallows slightly when he sees me.
"Hi- babe."
"Hey."
With my heels on, for once I don't need to stand on tiptoe to kiss him.
We go out hand in hand. He takes me to a secluded place by the lake, hidden from view by the castle from the trees. He spreads a picnic blanket out and we start to eat.
We're finish and he leans in to kiss me again. For once, it feels like it used to and when Seamus's hands slip down the top of my dress, for once I don't pull away. And then we hear noises from the castle. Bangs. Shouting. We pull apart.
"We need to go. People might be in danger."
He nods and gets up but I see regret in his eyes.
Who knows what might have happened that evening by the black lake.
I zip up my dress again and pull my wand out, running towards the castle. When we get there, the lace is alight with spells. Black hooded figures are everywhere.
With a thrill of horror, I realise. Draco's succeeded.
I aim at the nearest deatheater quickly.
"Stupefy!"
He falls. Dimly, I see Ginny fighting not far off. Luna running through the crowds.
Where's Harry?
I run back outside, abandoning Seamus who's alteady engaged in battle.
I have to find him.