𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

CODY is fast asleep with his head on my shoulder when I climb the stairs at five a.m. Strangely, I'm not as tired as I usually am at this time-although, that might be because I know what's waiting for me.

Like I could forget.

The last few hours of my shift were torturous. My skin still smelled of him, my body still ached to be touched by him, and everywhere I turned I found myself searching for his face, hoping to find him again.

I'm standing outside of Cody's bedroom, watching him snore softly, when the apartment door opens quietly.

He looks freshly showered, his hair falling from its usual style and sticking up like it has a plan of its own. His feet are bare, poking out from the bottom of his sweats. Harry is beautiful-he always is-but tonight there's something dark and almost predatory lying beneath his perfect features.

He stands in the doorway, both of us silent, until finally-finally-he looks at me. Hard.

His face is dark like the beginning of a storm, and I wonder if I should brace myself or just hold on and let it break. My muscles tense as he stalks across the apartment, my pulse racing and the flame from earlier igniting with a rush.

Tonight there's no hesitation.

He lifts a hand and weaves it through my hair, his hand cupping the back of my head as he crushes me to his chest, his heart beating hard against his ribs, his lips pressing harder against my temple. The combination of the two is inescapably raw and unbearably tender.

"I wanted to do this earlier," he whispers into my hair, holding me tighter.

My fingers dig hard into his back, holding him close as his kisses move across my hairline and down my cheek.

"To feel you," he says quietly into my ear, the resulting goose bumps making me shiver hard against him. "To know that you're safe."

"Harry," I whisper in return, hoping that it somehow tells him what I want, how I feel, how much I need him.

His mouth covers mine and his body follows, the length of him pressed against the length of me until there's barely room to breathe. The weight feels good, it feels solid and real and grounding.

The brush of his tongue against mine makes me frantic, and when he presses his hips against me, the result of our heated kisses making itself known against my lower stomach, it's enough to make me push back, desperately looking for more. His kisses and his body pin me to the wall beside my bedroom door, his hands tight around my thighs, his body firm between. With my legs around his waist he kisses me until my world spins and my body aches.

"Last night," he whispers against my skin, his words coming in short pants as my fingers tug at his hair and his lips attack my throat and jaw line, "I was going out of my mind. The idea that someone was here...that you could have been here...that Cody..."

He fights for control of the anger swelling within him. He takes a deep breath, his chest expanding against mine. I can feel the doorframe digging into my back, and Harry's fingers are so tight around my thighs I'm sure there will be finger-sized red spots left behind.

"Look at me, Harry," I urge, lifting his head with my hands. I cradle his face in my palms, forcing him to look at me. His green eyes, full of fire and hooded with desire, hold mine, his gaze fierce.