Chances

Kirishima's P.O.V

It was finally Sunday. I had classes tomorrow and hopefully they would distract me enough from my hectic personal life. I didn't get much sleep last night, thinking about the note he left me. I read over it thousands of times and ended up throwing it across the room, crumpled in a small paper ball. I was left with a million questions, a conflicted mind, and a tried body. I just wanted to sleep the day away and wake up for class but I couldn't do that. My mind wouldn't let me and insomnia is a bitch. Throwing the comforter off my cold figure, I woke up in a bad mood. I didn't feel like doing anything so I didn't plan on leaving my dorm. I took a shower because of last nights hike. I smelled like sweat and it wasn't enjoyable.

Washing my hair thoroughly, I stood in the shower for a long time, just thinking. The hot rushing water felt good on my face and body warming me up in to cold dorm. Rinsing the shampoo from my hair, I add conditioner and start washing my body. 'I love every little thing about you.' Did he really mean that or was he just trying to win me over? '...the way you just exist makes my heart skip a beat.' I didn't want to believe that part of the letter. If he really did, he wouldn't have filmed that video in the first place. And even if he didn't love me then, he had time to delete it in between. 'Just know I am regretting every second.' A part of me believed he does regret what he did. He seemed so heart broken over his mistake. It's all it was. A mistake he made. We all make mistakes. But this one was a little too big to forgive right away.

   'I love you. And I'm sorry for breaking your heart.' Is he really sorry? Or is he just messing with me? I'm not sure what to do now; if I should trust him in the things he says or think it's all a lie. He told me he loved me. That was a lie. He wouldn't knowingly hurt me like that if he loved me. 'Without you, I don't think I would have experienced true love.' That part of the note just made me sad. I couldn't imagine how he, in all his fuck boy ways, never fell for someone he slept with. I guess all he thought was a quick fuck and leave, never to keep in touch with him again and accepting the fact. But that's when I came in. He came back to me. And I let him. After he hurt me once before. It was my fault I'm hurting right now. He hurt me that next morning, and I let him walk into my life again that night. I guess a part of me wanted to hold onto the person that had lost my first everything to. He had something special to me. It belonged to him. In my mind, that made him special to me.

   'You don't have to take me back. I wouldn't ask you to do that.' I knew he was lying there. He told me himself last night. He wants me back. Badly. But he thinks I won't take him and he is trying to accept that fact. He doesn't want to. 'I just want you to accept my apology.' And that's the part that made me stay up all night. I didn't know what to do. Do I give him a second chance? Do I block him and tell him to fuck off while I stay single or find someone better for myself? Do I think about it longer and wait? What do I do? I didn't know what to do. I just want a sign; something to tell me straight up what to do. I don't want it to be him. I want it to be someone I could listen to and admire. Someone I would agree with and take their advice. Someone I made a promise with. Someone named Mina.

   Washing the conditioner out of my hair, I rinsed off for a final time and then threw a towel around my waist, walking to my room and jumping on my bed. Grabbing my phone, I go to see a notification from her already. Opening it up, I expect something about class or a text book or something she needed help with. I don't expect what I got from her.

🌺Mina: I slept with him.

   I read the text again for a second, thinking I got water in my eyes. Rubbing them and wiping the screen with my towel, I read it again. It wasn't my eyes. She actually sent that. I replied.

🏳️‍🌈Kirishima: what and how?

It didn't take long to get a response.

🌺Mina: after I went to my dorm yesterday morning, I fell back asleep. I woke up and spent the day in my dorm not doing much. Then, around nine, Sero came by. He was drunk out of his mind. He started kissing me and I let him. One thing led to another...Kiri help me!

I sighed and immediately started texting back.

🏳️‍🌈Kirishima: did he push himself on you or did you want it?

🌺Mina: I don't know. I think so?

🏳️‍🌈Kirishima: it's a yes or no question. I just want to make sure we don't have to report him for harassment.

🌺Mina: okay, yes. Yes, I wanted it. I couldn't help myself okay. I just. I don't know anymore.

🏳️‍🌈Kirishima: do you want to give him a second chance?

🌺Mina: yes. I do.

🏳️‍🌈Kirishima: okay.

   It wasn't the advice I was expecting and I didn't know it was what I needed. In reality, Sero didn't do too much wrong. He didn't hurt her. He was just the friend of the one who hurt me. Who should I be to break up a perfectly good relationship over my own? I wasn't upset at her. I could understand where she came from. Going to my contacts, I decided I would send a quick message after I got dressed. I decided to head out to the cat cafe Bakugou brought me to. Pulling on a pair of black pants and a grey short sleeve shirt, I grabbed a red letterman jacket and threw it on. Hitting send on my message, I stuck my phone in my back pocket and smiled, walking to my car and heading out.

Kirishima: I'll give you a second chance. I accept your apology.
Kirishima: (location)