Erudeln

Faunaori refers to elves with animal characteristics while Florauori are elves with plant characteristics. The Atmospheri are those with elemental characteristics. In addition, the elves are inspired loosely by Native American mixed with Asian culture so names will be last then first. That should be clear in the writing but I thought a disclaimer might be helpful :)

 That should be clear in the writing but I thought a disclaimer might be helpful :)

The first time Erudeln stumbled upon Larav's market, he'd visited it right-side up. Now, his explorations were mostly carried out upside-down. It was simply more convenient.

As he clung to the underside of the third level of the market, Erudeln ran through a mental list of what he had gotten so far. Flour, check – potatoes, check – carrots, check – bok choy, check – cloth?

Not yet.

Flipping himself up onto the top of the wooden bridge, Erudeln crouched behind a pie merchant's booth. Once he was sure no one was looking, he sauntered out into the crowd of people wandering along the food sellers level. Different smells wafted in every direction while the clamor of merchants advertising, clients bartering, and children crying created cacophony.

Heading towards the far end of the bridge, Erudeln passed a young elf leaning over the side, heaving up his lunch. He hasn't gotten used to the sway yet. Erudeln had never been at sea, having grown up in the desert, but he figured the motion the hanging bridges made would be similar.

As he began to ascend the stairs to the fourth level, Erudeln wondered yet again who'd invented the market's layout and why. Whoever they were had designed it so that seven levels of bridges hung from three giant pines, forming a triangle with a hollow center. Hardly practical for the merchants, nor the clients... actually, the only people it was convenient for were thieves.

Luckily for him, Erudeln was a thief.

Smiling to himself, he stepped out onto the cloth sellers level. He ignored the stalls closest to the edge. They were too close to the guards stationed at the entrance to the bridge. Once he reached the middle, Erudeln began to pay close attention. Silks, that wouldn't do. Muslin, still no. Finally, he spotted a small bolt of rose-colored cotton. Perfect, Aerinda and little Selti would love it.

And then he tripped. Catching himself on the balls of his feet, Erudeln regained his balance deftly. Under the guise of running a hand through his long hair, he checked the laces of his satchel. They were still done. Erudeln breathed a sigh of relief. The last thing he needed was for his stolen wares to go cascading all over the place.

Curious as to what had tripped him, Erudeln looked down to find that part of the rope that secured the planks of the bridge had come loose. About seven feet of rope lay there at his feet. It wasn't long enough to reach the level below, unfortunately. However, it did give him an idea.

Erudeln strolled lazily back towards the cloth seller's stall with the bolt of cloth he desired. The florauori owner was discussing wares with a willow lass who was quite fetching in his not-so-humble opinion. Her willow-leaf hair constantly swayed slightly in an imagined breeze while her heart-shaped face was dotted with adorable darker-wood spots like the freckles of a younger child.