Playing Cupid

"Are you sure, Kay?" The son of aphrodite asked to the nervous camp councilor. She breathed in deeply for a moment as if she was rethinking this desision, but she set her answer.

"Yes." Kay answered. "Look, I know you just got your love bow a few weeks ago but-" Bryan cut her off before she could finish her sentence.

"Your heart is aching and you don't want to be alone on valentines day, right?" Bryan said, he had heard this a million times.

See, his bow was different from Bri's. His bow could sense any love craved soul that made a strong wish to his mother. There are other different qualities too but he'll explain that later.

"Yes." she responded.

"Well...... Alright then. But first- this is really important- did you confess to him yet?" He asked, it was like a job interview but more personal. He really took this cupid business seriously, huh?

"Wh-Why is that so important??" She asked, not wanting to answer the question.

Bryan sighed, he was going to give the the basics of how his bow worked, he did not want his mom to be mad at him again after the whole 'turning evil' thing.

"Look, you know how my bow is different from Bri's, right?" Bryan asked, Kay nodded in response.

"Well here's how it works, now you better be listening carefully because this is important.... So-" Bryan began explaining but right as he did, Kaykrae's mind went somewhere else.

She thought about what she was doing, was using a cupid's bow really the right way to make someone love you? She was questioning herself this.

Occasionally Bryan's words would get through her deep thinking. So far it's been "-shoot-", "-day-", and "-happily ever after-".

She continued to second guess and doubt herself that doing this was alright.

"-important-"

Was this really the way to make him fall in love with her?

"-already-"

Would they really be happy?

"-memory-"

Would he be happy?

"-irreversible-"

Would SHE be happy?!

"-Kay?-"

What if this ruins her life?!

"-Kay!-"

What if this ruins HIS life?!?!

"KAY!" She snapped back into reality by being shook by a concerned Bryan. "Hey, you ok? It looked like you were about to have a panic attack if I'm being honest." he said.

"Uh, yeah. I'm fine. I was just, uh, taking... mental notes..." she responded, she didn't think he would buy it but I guess she underestimated Bryan's gullibility.

"Well alright if you say so...." Bryan said fully believing her. "So like I said, usually the love effects usually takes some time to set in, usually about a day or two, depends on the person."

'When did he say that?' Kaykrae asked herself in her head 'Oh he must of said that while I was zoning out.'

"So who exactly do you want me to shoot the love arrow with?" Bryan asked in a teasing tone, fully knowing
who it was.

"Is it Brick?" He joked but still wanted to throw up and laugh at the thought of the son of hades having a special someone.

"No."