It's The Little Things

It's the little things that David notices. Like how Lukas suddenly stopped trying to catch his coat and instead leaving it on the dirty floor. David just thinks that maybe he got annoyed with it.

Or how he doesn't scream or shout at the guild whenever chaos breaks loose, this wouldn't matter but David swears he saw him trying to stifle a chuckle. David just hopes that he thought of something funny.

Or how when an argument happened in a guild meeting, the demon book had been brought up again which caused mostly Ritchie, David and Lucas to yell at one another in their seats whilst most of the others tried to calm them down.

"Look if it's any consolation I'll let you guys hit me." Ritchie said. Lukas stood up from his seat and walked up to his leader. The guild expected him to say something along the lines of "no, that wouldn't change anything" but to their surprise........

..... Lukas didn't hesitate to punch the lightning mage in the face, hard enough that it would probably leave a massive bruise. "You know what? That did make me feel better." He said with a smirk. David doesn't like what's happening to his friend.

Its the little things that Blake notices. Like how he pushes her in his pool even though he knows about her fear and the fact that she can't swim, he "apologizes" later on. She thinks that it was just meant to be a playful nudge.

Or how he doesn't hesitate to "incapacitate" the criminals with bounties on their heads. Blake hopes that he's just very stressed.

Or how whenever she sees him he's often in his god form and when he's not she still notices the harsh yellow eyes that replaced the soft ocean blue ones.

"Hey, Lukas. Didn't you tell me that using your god form actually weakens that seal thing you were talking about?" she reminded him when they bumped into eachother at the dining hall. "I'm getting worried about you. You- you're acting differently and I-".

"This isn't any of your business, short stack." he cutt her off....

"Short stack?! What is happening to you?!? You're being an insensitive jerk!!! The Lukas I know is sweet, kind, and caring! I just want to know what's going on so I can help-" she froze "-you." her word was bearly a whisper. He was glaring at her, his piercing gaze felt like a knife to the heart.

"If you know what's good for you, you are going to stop annoying me."he was threatening her.... Lukas was threatening her. They stood there frozen for what felt like an eternity.

"Lukas" suddenly smiled and patted her shoulder. What? Was this all a prank?? Unfortunately it wasn't, she saw the reflection of the guild coming in as he tightened his grip on her shoulder to hurt her. He pulled her in for a hug and and whispered in her ear.

"If you tell anyone about this, I'll slaughter everyone in this damn island. That plant kid seems like a good place to start. So remember their life will be in your hands"

He let go of her and happily chuckled. "Aight, good talk Blake!" with that he left the room as the inconsistent chatter of the other guild mates beacame louder and louder in her ears.

She wanted to shout, to scream, to warn everyone that something about Lukas was terribly wrong.... But she couldn't.... She was in too much shock. So she just shood there.

She wondered how those beautiful golden eyes had brought her so much pain.

~~~~~~~°~~~~~~~°~~~~~~~°~~~~~~~°

Hope you guys enjoyed this!

If you haven't guessed yet, in this story Galrin takes over Lukas' body. It sets place a few weeks after Lukas and Blake's carnival date. I kinda had a burst of inspiration when Galrin broke the seal, and you know me, I love to see my favorite characters suffer.

Also I think its super obvious that I'm a simp for the Lake ship (Lukas X Blake).