∞ | Chapter 4 | ∞

∞ | Vengeance is one of life's great motivators. - KS Brooks (Lust for Danger) | ∞

* * * *

All Rights Reserved ©

∞ | Chapter 4 | ∞

* * * *

There is only a single window in this small dark room—acting just like a prison.

Dirty brown hair fell around the face of the sole occupant within, with tired blue eyes gazing up at the tiny window high up on the wall—too small, and too high for him to to get out of his prison even if he wants to.

How long has it been since? How many months? Or has it been years?

He doesn't know. Not any longer.

Time has no meaning for him any longer.

Each day, just like clockwork, his captors took him out of his cell, and put him through routine training—methods that he is all too familiar with. But no matter what they did to him, no matter the whispers that were whispered into his ear—that he'd been abandoned, and that his people—his friends were all dead, he didn't let up.

He clung stubbornly to his morals. To his memories. To the morals and rules that all of them—he and his friends have agreed on and created so long ago when they've first created their home.

And just like clockwork, each night, he wrapped his thin arms around his knees; curled up on the most comfortable place on the cold, stone floor that he can find. Eyes never moving away from the single source of light coming from the window that he can see.

"I won't forget... I won't..." He whispered. "I will never forget...for as long as I live. Angela. Jun. Lleucu. Zest. Sera. Alisa. Jamison. Yunan. Terra. Senri. Yuna..." And then, once more, he repeated those names—so that he wouldn't forget, "...Angela. Jun. Lleucu. Zest. Sera..."

* * * *

~Waters of Aurora; March 231~

Sera leaned against the side of the rooftop of the boathouse, enjoying the gentle sea breeze.

It is night; and thus, only minimal lights were turned on within the boathouse. The rest of the occupants were no doubt already asleep. The Black siblings have settled in well faster than Sera had anticipated.

Sera looked down at the photo clutched within her fingers, mismatched eyes tracing the faces of the people within—-all smiling; all standing outside a familiar building.

"I won't forget. I won't." Sera whispered, eyes tracing the faces of the people within. "I promised that I will live on for all our sakes. But it's easier said than done..."

A long, distant memory surfaced to the fore of her memory just then.

"The name's Christopher—"

Blue eyes met with heterochromia eyes. "Promise me. You'll live on, no matter what. Do you understand me?"

Sera closed her eyes, willing the memory away. "I don't know how much longer I can do this, Chris..." she whispered.