CHAPTER 12: The Grand Opening

Aiden's P.o.V

It's 6 a.m. in the morning.

Lara is still asleep but I won't wake her. She has to go to school later. I made some arrangements for her birthday and hopefully she won't kill me for that.

I took my clothes and went straight to the bathroom. A quick shower is all I need. Today is the day: the grand opening of the headquarter and the new labs. Today I am supposed to meet this guy, Jaden Smith, the famous scientist who discovered new something, something in genetics. I have no idea what he discovered but it's revolutionary.

Wearing a suit is not my thing. I look good indeed but who the heck invented this "office outfit". It's not comfortable at all.

"Stop complaining and leave already. It's late."

Yeah Ruvyn don't remind me.

I went to Lara and kiss her forehead. She smiled in her slumber. I've never seen such an adorable smile in my entire life. She is so cute when she is asleep and doesn't yell at me.

"Yeah, tell her that in person. She will appreciate it" *wolfish smirk*

Somebody is sarcastic today. Ruvyn, later we have to train so you better be active today, old dog.

"Gotcha! You need to stay in shape so stop eating junk food."

Ok, let's go now.

I closed the door at our bedroom and went straight to the kitchen. Mei was there waiting for me.

I thought you were asleep. Nobody woke up yet.

-"How can I sleep sir, when you have to leave soon? I made your breakfast and your lunch. The boxes are there on the table."

Thanks Mei, you are the best as always.

-"You better don't forget that!"

I smiled at her, grabbed the food boxes and went straight to the garage. Alfred was there waiting for me.

Morning Mr. Alfred!

-"Morning, young gentleman! You need a ride?" said Alfred with a devilish smirk.

Haha, no Alfred, it's fine. I will drive today. How are the kids?

-"They are very well, sir. They got high grades at school and they are wiling to visit the mansion next week on their spring break."

Oh, right! I forgot about the spring break. That means Lara has a week off from school as well.

-"If you are planning to go somewhere next week, please let me know. I will clean the cars. Oh, and sir? That "car" is arriving next week as well."

Thank you Alfred, you are the best. Can't wait to play with your naughty pups when they come.

Alfred waved at me at me and I went straight to my Black Jaguar. When I opened the door I saw on the right sit a piece of paper. I put the food boxes on the back sit and I grabbed that note:

~I want some cookies, Love Lara.~

This note brought a smile on my face. She wants cookies. How adorable is that.

I put the note in my pocket and drove straight to the office.

After 30 minutes...

I parked the car and my phone started to ring.

Great! I haven't even managed to get to the office and people already call me. It was Jessica.

Morning Jess, sup?