Struggles In A Dream

I looked up and instantly smiled when I saw Abby leaving the teacher's lounge. She was busy scanning through the stack of papers in her hands to notice me watching her. When she did, she looked up and immediately made eye contact with me.

She sent me a small smile, her cheeks slightly turning red when we made eye contact. I walked towards her, pretending I didn't notice her. As I passed her, I grabbed her hand and pulled her into the janitor's closet.

"Zac," she stuttered. I leaned down and cut her off by kissing her. I felt her giggle against my lips as she kissed me back.

"We shouldn't be doing this. Especially here at work," she giggled as she broke the kiss.

"So what?" I smirked as I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her closer to me.

"Zac," she teasingly scolded me. "We really shouldn't do this at work."

"Why not?" I playfully whined. "It kinda feels like we're back in high school, sneaking around."

"As hot as that is," she chuckled, "we aren't high schoolers. We work at a high school."

"Fine," I sighed dramatically. "Way to ruin the fun."

She laughed as she wrapped her arms around my neck. "Dinner tonight?" She asked.

"I'm there."

* * * * *

I spent the rest of the day, going through the lessons with my classes. What I couldn't get out of the back of my mind was Abby/Abigail. Being with her one moment and then not the next was mentally draining.

I had to refrain from calling her Abby at work and Abigail at school. I hesitated to kiss her at school, afraid we weren't actually together in that life. I had to hold back when I started imagining myself with her at work.

This was getting too frustrating.

I jumped when I felt someone wrap their arms around my waist. I looked over to see Abby standing behind me. She smirked before leaning down and pressing her lips to my neck.

"The students finished their Van Gogh products, right?" She whispered. I hummed as she tightened her arms around me. "How are they doing?"

I turned around, pulling her onto my lap as I sat in my desk chair. I wrapped my arms around her waist as she intertwined her fingers behind my head, slightly playing with the hair on the back of my neck.

"They all look amazing," I sighed, sounding dreamy.

"I love how proud you get of them," she teased.

"Shut up," I chuckled. "Don't pretend like you don't get overly proud of your students too."

"Touché," she shrugged. I smirked as she leaned up and pressed her lips to mine. I couldn't help but moan as our lips moved in sync. I broke the kiss and leaned my forehead against hers.

"Where do you want to go for dinner?" I asked under my breath. She hummed as she tilted her head.

"I kind of don't like any of our usual places right now," she giggled. I opened my mouth to suggest somewhere new but I could feel things fading.

As things started to fade, only one thought entered my mind. It didn't matter if I was a lawyer or an art teacher. I'd be okay with whatever life I had as long as I had Abby in it.