Chapter Six: Back to the guild

Lucy wanders into the kitchen shortly after I finish eating and happy is passed out on his little bed. I stand up and I get her plate out of the oven and I set it down on the table for her.
    She takes a seat and begins to eat. For some reason, she begins to chuckle.
    "Really Natsu, can't you eat carrots any different way," lucy says stabbing a poor little carrot. I give her a hurt look.
    "Are you Satan?"
    "No Natsu, and it's not that big of a deal to bake carrots"
    "That seems like something satan would say?" I question her and she rolls her eyes eating her carrots. A smile stays on her beautiful face. Her golden hair shadowed her face perfectly.
    I stand up putting my plate into the sink. I also soon collect lucy's plate as well. She begins to watch TV. I clean up supper.
    I walk to my room afterward and I open my closet and a takedown a little box that held my mother's most precious thing. No one could have it. Her great grandmothers necklace that's passed down. I run my hand on it.
    "I'm going to head to bed Natsu, see you in the morning," lucy says briefly making an appearance. I listen to the sound of her door closing.
    I get into my bed after putting the necklace back up. I soon fall asleep.
~*~
    "Where are you heading to?" Lucy asks as I'm dressed and getting ready to go.
    "Today is the day I head back to the guild lucy, I told you this like twenty minutes ago," I tell her and happily comes out of my room and she nods. I head out the door with happy heading to the guild. It feels wrong leaving lucy there, all by herself. But I did only tell master I'd be gone for so long. Now is the time to go back and I have to go back.
    I pass people rushing to work when I arrive at the guild a lot of people are already there. I open the doors and everyone looks at me and I go and sit with Erza, Gray, Gajeel, and wendy.
    "Where have you been," Erza says sternly, crossing her arms.
    "I had something important to do, sorry," I say and Ezra gives me a gare before uncrossing her arms and picking her fork up to eat her cake.
"Hey Natsu, would you like some food"
"Nah, I'm good," I say which normally doesn't happen but Lucy made breakfast. She goes to leave hen an evil grin appears on Gajeel's face.
    "Salamander got a girlfriend?" he says and Mira looks at me along with everyone at this table.
    "What makes you say that?" I say I don't have a girlfriend and what is making him say that.
    "A female's scent's all over you" wendy states and Mira's mind is spinning. Oh no. why would they do this to me? It's so mean.
"I don't have a girlfriend, I was visiting an old friend"
"Who happens to be female?"
"Yes she is female, so what, I don't see what the big problem is" I state and eventually Mira gives up and leaves. Gajeel leaves it alone. They talk about a mission they went on a few days ago. I should go on one soon.
I get up and I head over to the bar as no one is sitting there. Even though lucy being here has been kept on the down-low, I need to talk to Mira.
"What's up Natsu," Mira says drying a glass before putting it away. She continues to grab dishes and put them away after drying them.
    "I got a slight problem"
    "Did something happen while you were gone?" Mira asks looking me straight on and all I do is nod.
    "The girl Gajeel was talking about, well, I can't stop thinking about her"
    "Do you like her?" Mira says with a smile and my cheeks heat up. "It's totally fine, it's apart of being human, what's she like"
    "Well she's really kind, she's older than me by two weeks, our parents were good friends and our parents died at the same time, she's so beautiful like I didn't know it was possible to look that good" I ramble on and Mira looks at me.
    "Why do you think she's in your life Natsu?" lucy asks and I look at her. Why is she in my life. "Everyone you come across is there to make you who you are, so what is she here to do"
    "I don't know honestly"