Chapter Thirteen: opening up

Huge water is splashed on my face as Datrie splashes me. We are swimming in the lake. It's been a week since I got back from my mission and Happy will eventually have to be filled in on whats going on. It's not fair to him.
Cole and Ryan are going to be here tomorrow I believe, apparently both of them were together. Have been living and training together. There are still four more people.
Tyler, Baylee, Cora, and Illyria. Those are the last four people. I believe Baylee is living by the great waterfall, it's where she tossed her parent's ashes. Her parents we shot and killed in their sleep. Baylee found them.
Tyler we know should be joining us within the next two or three months, he's out of a mission. He joined a low-class guild, he said he'd quit because he hated the people there anyway. He's typically hated human interaction after the death of his mother, his dad was never in the picture.
Illyria is the forbidden forest, where his family originates. Her family is very close to nature. She is a nature wizard after all. She's known as the guardian of the forest.
Cora is the hardest, we will have to talk to the council for her. They locked her up after she was accused of mass murder but they tagged her due to her father's violent history. Her dad was once of the only parent who survived along with Jude, lucy's father who later died from a heart attack.
"Hey Happy, can I talk to you for a second pal," I say as he's munching on fish in the house. A towel hangs from my neck. I quickly change and I motion for him to come over to the couch. He sits on the coffee table.
"Whats up Natsu, you've never been this serious?"
"It's time to tell you what's really going on, my life is being targeted for something that I witnessed fifteen years ago" I start and happily puts his little fish down.
"The council, killed my parents, burned them and made me watch, they burned everything we had. There is nine of us who will be living here, everyone you will meet her has to be kept a secret, their lives are also in danger, their parents were also killed and the Empire is trying to pin the blame on us"
Happy just looks at me, waiting for me to continue. This part is where it gets hard.
"Eventually, you'll have to move in with wendy and I'll quit the guild, we will have to fight the empire and the northern kingdom, I don't know if we will make it back alive, when the time comes Happy and I end up dying on the battlefield, I can't have you with me, you're like my kid Happy and I can't allow you to watch me die," I say and Happy is in tears. I know that it is sad but it is the truth.
Happy nods.
"I understand Natsu, You watched your parents die, you don't want me to go through the same thing." Happy said and I smiled. When I walked out, cole and Ryan were there. They got here early.
Lucy gets them set up in the bunker. Happy goes and curls up in a ball on the little hammock that he was given.
Walking to my room I put some sweatpants on and take my shirt off. Laying in my covers as I look out my window.
"Hey Natsu," Lucy says and her face turns red when seeing me. I chuckle at her. Despite her red face, she jumps on me. She puts her head on my chest looking up at me. A smile is on her beautiful face.
"You busy tomorrow?" I ask her and she shakes her head, I smile at her evilly. "How about after I get back from the guild you and I go on this date huh"
"Where we going?"
"You'll find out soon," I say before we both fall asleep.

~*~

Brushing her blond hair out of her face, I look at her beautiful face. Lucy is so damn pretty. Tonight I'm going to ask her to be my girlfriend. Even though this technically our first date, we've spent the last four months together. It's hard to believe that it's been that long.
Lucy eventually opens her eyes and smiles at me. She sits up and stretches. A big yawn escapes her mouth as she does that.
"Good morning"
"Good morning, how was your sleep," I ask her and she smiles.
"Good," she says before falling backward onto me. She pecks my lips teasingly. I laugh at her.
My heart begins to pound when she sits on top of me, my cheeks go tinted. She grabs the sides of my face and she kisses me. But what surprises me is when she lets go of my face and grabs my wrists so she could put my hands on her waist.
I kiss her back hard and she giggles. Grabbing her sides and tickling them before she rolls off of me laughing and trying to get out of my grasp.
"Hey Natsu, where's lucy I can't seem to-" my door opens and cassie is standing there. "Find her"
Lucy is half on me but her face is red and she is in my clothing. To her, it looks like we had sex and I know she thought that because her face turns bright red before slamming my door closed and lucy look at my red face but all I do is smile at her before sitting up and quickly kiss her lips. Her legs are on either side of me.
Lucy gets up knowing that cassie is looking for her. She heads off out of my room and I get dressed for the day in my regular clothing.
"Nothing was going on" I hear lucy argue back and when I make an appearance, Cassie and Lucy look to be arguing.
" Idon't believe you," cassie says crossing her arms and looking at Lucy. when I enter the room cassie drops it and continues making food.
Eventually, we all begin training like we were kids, I trained with lucy. Cassie stuck her self like she always has and the boys go off to rain.
Like we do every morning, we begin running around the forest until we get to the front of my house and work on my physical strength. The spells in the book are like they are coming back to me, it's like I learned them once but I don't remember.
"Natsu..." I hear from behind me as I put my fists down and Lucy is standing there. Her head down.
"Lucy..." I calmly said walking up to her and she wouldn't make eye contact with me.
"It's getting dangerous, I just got word back, Baylee was taken captive a few months ago, we weren't notified, I know I told you that you didn't have to but the empire is closing in on us and we have to move fast," Lucy says. And I know she means quitting the guild, focussing on getting strong. I'm getting my demon abilities now on top of my dragon abilities.
"I'll do it today, me and happy will go right now," I say kissing her cheek and heading inside to find happy snoring.
"Happy" I softly say and he wakes up. "Get your things and wait for Wendy at her house, we have to move fast. If you don't hear from in six months than you can tell the guild why I left"
He slowly gets his things and we leave. Once out of the trail he flies over to wendy's dorm. A few years ago I never pictured leaving Fairytail, they are my family. And I'll cause them damage if I were to stay.
Opening the guild doors I'm welcomed with the loudness for one final time. Smiling and talking to people as I go up to mire who si taking to Erza and Gray.
"Master upstairs," I ask and she nods giving me a confused look. I walk into the master's office and he's filling out paperwork.
"My boy, how can I help you," the master says and I stand in front of his desk with a serious face on my face. I take a deep breath before speaking.
"I quit the fairy tail Guild," I say and his eyes bulged out as the words left my mouth. He's at a loss of words. "Please remove my guild mark"
"Natsu, what is your reasoning for this?"
"I prefer not to say" I state and he nods taking off my mark. My shoulder is clear. It's been a while since it's been that way. I know what happens now, master has to announce it to the guild.
I try to head out but master grabs everyone's attention before I could make it to the stairs.
" Today we lost a member of our guild, Natsu remember these three rules wherever you may lie. ONE, You must never reveal sensitive information about Fairy Tail to others for as long as you live. TWO, you must never use former contacts met through your being in the guild for personal gain. And THREE, Though our paths may have diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might, you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about your friends for as long as you live" Master says and everyone looks at me as I walk down the stairs.
"Wendy, take care of him for me will ya"
"Take care of who Natsu," she says with tears in her eyes. She has always looked up to me.
"Happy, he's waiting at your house, I entrust him in your care until I hopefully come back," I say trying to leave the guild.
"NATSU!" I hear when I turn Erza is there with Gray, Wendy, Mira, and Lisanna. They all stand there. The rest of the guild looking at me.
"Why are you leaving"
"I need to set things right with some people" Mira looks at me and she is crying.
"Natsu promises me that you'll come back Alive," Mira says crying. I have been there for her and she has been there for me. It's a cycle that never ended. I don't speak at all. "Promise me" she screams at me.
"I can't Mira... there is a good chance I'll be dead in a short few weeks"