One

The raindrops were pelleting the window, the only sound in the house was the rain dropping harshly. Many people disliked the rain and thunder, but Y/N was different. She loved the little things in life, she loved nature, she liked collecting rocks that looked neat, or different kind of leaves, she would later put in a book. 'Book of Leaves' as she called it, she was a sweet girl, funny as well, despite not knowing barely anyone anymore.

What was she currently doing? She was painting a positive looking man looking outside of a window, at the rain, it wasn't anyone she knew, it was just a man she made up in her mind, she smiled and hummed, as she gave a few last touches until she finished her painting. She stepped away to look at it, she sighed, making note to make adjustments later on, her fingers were too sore to do anymore, from the few hours she was painting.

She blinked as she heard footsteps on her porch, she raised her eyebrow and began to walk over to her front door, opening it, only to see nothing there. She made a noise of perplexion, but didn't question it, because no one would ever know the answer. Well, maybe, but she shrugged it off, about to go inside before seeing something silver shine on the ground, she bent down and picked it up, it was a engraved scalpel.

As a throbbing headache made its way to her crown, she hissed in pain, but didn't think anything of it until she read the words engraved on it.. 'Съдбата идва.' She threw it away from her, as it fell into the muddy dirt and broke into a sweat, she didn't even know the language and it terrified her.

She trembled and stared at it. She began to slowly walk towards it as she bent down once again to pick it up and shoved it into the ground, so she wouldn't see it, and hopefully never again. She gulped, the feeling of fear never going away as she walked into her cabin and went into her cozy bedroom and paced for what seemed like hours on end. She sighed shakily and ran her fingers through her slightly messy hair, scrunching her face up for a second as she closed her eyes in frustration, she got up and stretched before frowning and walking outside of her room.

Walking to the front door, more horrible fear striking her as she got closer to the scalpel, she held the old brass knob in her sweaty hand, hesitantly she turned it, to be met with darkness. She couldn't see, her vision blacked out, but she was still awake, she gasped and yelped in shock as she saw a navy blue mask, with a dark cloth covering the eyes, and some kind of black goo that trickled down the mask. She blinked and it was all gone, the darkness was gone, the mask was gone, but her fear? It was only increased. She shook, hugging herself, as she knew something was definitely wrong at this point.

She bit the insides of her cheeks as she began to walk over to where a little bit of the end of the scalpel was sticking out, bending down once again, she grabbed it and got goosebumps as she shuddered. Slowly, she went into her house, feeling more off as she did so, her heart thumped rapidly. she washed the mud off the scalpel, after that, she attempted to remove the blade, so she wouldn't accidently cut her hand, or drop it. Unfortunately for her, it wouldn't come out, so when she tried tugging at it harshly, it cut her thumb.

"Ow, oh Jesus.." Y/N grumbled, wincing as she put her thumb in her mouth to stop the blood from getting on her clothes or floor, scrunching her face up in disgust as the iron taste overlied her taste buds. She looked under the sink, for the first aid kit. She rummaged around the spray bottles filled with chemicals a little before grabbing the first aid kit, which was all the way in the back. She grabbed a bandage that would last at least seven hours, she wrapped it around her thumb and carefully picked up the scalpel, as she walked over to her desk, which had her old, but trusty laptop on it, she began to type and search about scalpels with engravings on them. Nothing like this scalpel.