Chapter 2

As promised from your peers, the so called famous rapper had made place in your camp, but you were not all that interested by him. While the others were flocking to him like moths to a flame, you were going about your duties, knowing that when everyone else would eventually get in trouble for slacking that you would be spared the harsh punishment.

It was strange for the camp to be so empty, everyone crowded around fire to talk to the new arrival. All the work stations were abandoned, tasks left half-finished from when people had rushed off to get front row seats. So here you were, cleaning up behind everyone else. It was difficult, sure, but you knew it was best for the camp to get all of this done.

While you were moving some dust crates, you became aware of someone standing behind you and quickly turned to see who it was, only to immediately take a step back and bow your head respectfully, "Adam." You greeted sharply, not knowing what kind of mood he was in and not wanting to piss him off, "Why aren't you with the others?"

"I could ask you the same thing." He replied gruffly, taking the dust away from you and moving it to where it was supposed to be before joining you in collecting the other ones, "The human is much too arrogant for my liking. If it were up to me he'd be dead and gone, but he has to be here, which is a pain." He scoffed as he helped you set down the crate, shaking his head.

"Why.... Is he here?" You ask curiously.

"You'll understand why we took him in when you see him in action.." He trailed off, frowning as he thought about it, "It... It is unlike anything I have seen. No human should be able to do what he is capable of, but here he is." He shook his head again, "Watch him closely, and you'll see what makes him so strange."

You do as Adam asks and narrow your eyes as you look at the stranger, only to gasp in surprise when you saw his entire body flickering-- As if he wasn't there. You glance at Adam before back at the rapper, his entire body going into negative colours for a mere moment before going back to normal, and you watched with morbid interest, "He's... Not physical?" You ask.

Adam shakes his head at you, seemingly amused for a moment before frowning again.

"No. He's dead."