Chapter 3

Dead.

Ever since you had heard that news, you had asked around camp about him; His name, his past, his abilities.  Jackal had been right about what he said; A rapper called Echo died at Beacon, and he was infused with dust when it happened. Now he's in some kind of half-alive state where he isn't physical, but can still interact with physical things.

It... Was strange to say the least, and you were excited to see what he would do in battle, and you were hoping that time would come today. You had to opportunity to watch Echo fight-- Something you didn't understand that could be possible. If Echo couldn't interact with people, then how was he supposed to fight people? You guessed there was no point in asking anyone, since you were about to see him action against some of the rookies-- Some that wanted the triumph of defeating a celebrity in battle. You truly thought they'd win, on account of Echo not being trained and all.

You leaned back as the fight started, Adam watching from beside you, well, you guessed he was watching but you couldn't really tell since his eyes were hidden. After staring at him for a few moments you quickly turned your attention back to the fight- If you could even call it that. Echo seemed at peace as the rookie ran towards him, however when they got close he phased through them, the rookie letting out a shriek of surprise as electricity ran across their body. Echo wasn't attacking them, he was shocking them.

"That..." You trail off as you watch, shaking your head, "So you can briefly distract an opponent? Put them out for a few seconds?" You question, the man nodding to you as he fixed his gloves, his wrist disappearing for a moment before reappearing, his entire arm flickering in and out of existence, "Surely something must be helping you do this, what happens when that runs out?" You then ask, watching as Echo kept flickering in and out of reality, his body unable to keep form.

"If my charge runs out, I'm gone, baby." He shrugged, the nickname making you shudder somewhat, and unknown to you, Adam narrowed his eyes. "My charge is my life source. Hook me up with electric dust, I'm fine, drain me of it, I'm gone. I don't think you'd want that to happen, babe." He winked at you before taking a step away from you, one second close and the next second you saw him appear close to the fire, taking a seat and watching as some of the troops rushed over to him. There wasn't something right about him to you, but you couldn't quite put your finger on it, so instead you turned to look at Adam.

He wasn't there.