| γ |

| 11,220-11, 215 BCE |

| Post Demeter's Birth |

Perseus watched with his youngest sibling with a small smile on his face. The girl had been born almost five years ago and, thanks to her Titan genes, she had matured greatly. Her caramel-colored hair fell to just below her shoulders and her dark eyes were alight with happiness as she ran from flower to flower. She had taken a liking to the outdoors, especially the plants that grew in it.

"Percy!" She called out as she crouched down to inspect another plant. Perseus walked over and squatted down next to her. She was inspecting a silver plant that had grown in the shadows of a large tree. The flower had not budded yet, but Perseus could see some glistening silver peeking out from behind the dark leaves. "What is this one called?"

He studied the plant for a moment longer, racking his brain for the name. "Moonlace," he finally responded. He watched as his sister's eyes lit up as she continued admiring the flower. As the moon continued to rise, Perseus watched with fascination as the flowers started to bud as the light of the moon fell upon them, revealing the silvery, glowing pistil of the Moonlace.

"Wow," his sister gasped. "It is so pretty!"

"Just like you," Perseus smiled when she burst into a fit of giggles. With a sigh, he stood up and brushed the dirt off of his tunic. "Come now, Calypso. We must get going."

Calypso pouted, her cheeks puffing up to show her disdain. "Do we have to?" She whined. "Just five more minutes? Please?"

Perseus chuckled and shook his head. He reached a hand out to help Calypso stand. Her hand was tiny in his as he pulled her to his feet. "You do not want to be late to Uncle Chiron's lessons, do you?"

After finding out Calypso's love of botany, Chiron had volunteered to teach her weaving, sewing, gardening, and other helpful skills. Calypso always loved these lessons and would often bring back gifts.

"Uncle Chiron!" Calypso's hands sprung into the air like a tiny victory dance. "Will Zoë be there?"

"Yes, Zoë will be practicing her swordsmanship."

"Yay!" The tiny girl squealed, gripping Perseus's hand. She and Zoë had a magnificent bond. In fact, Zoë had been one of the first people to hold Calypso after she had been born.

Perseus led his sister through the thicket of the forest. The air was fresh and the birds sang sweet melodies that complemented their ears. Calypso, though her hand was attached to Perseus's, had a tendency to wander to whatever caught her attention, humming a made-up tune as she did so.

Eventually, the two brushed past some leaves and found themselves at the familiar waterfall scenery. Calypso giggled and escaped Perseus's grasp, running toward the edge of the pond and taking an interest in the aquatic plants.

Not too far away, Zoë and Chiron were chatting amongst one another. Anaklusmos was unclipped and a destroyed straw dummy laid in pieces near Zoë's feet. He walked toward them.

"-you have improved greatly since we first met," Chiron was saying. "In a few more years, I will have nothing more to teach you."

Zoë bowed her head in acknowledgment before turning toward Perseus, a small smirk on her face. "Hello, Uncle," she greeted. "I was wondering when you would join us."

Perseus falseheartedly glared at her. "My apologies in our tardiness, Callie was interested in a new kind of plant," he looked at Chiron. "Perhaps you could incorporate Moonlace in today's lesson?"

Chiron nodded, scratching his growing stubble. He was trying to grow a beard. "Of course, I am guessing you two will be sparring again?"

His question was met with two smirks.