waterpark pt.1

Y/N POV

sadie and i arrived back at the hotel soon after. sadie knocked on millie's door as her room had become the hangout. caleb opened the door and smirked at sadie as he let us in. i saw her glare from the corner of my eye.

millie came over and tugged on sadie's sleeve indicating she wanted to talk to her, so while sadie retreated into the hall with millie, i went into the living space to find everyone conversing. finn motioned for me to come over and i sat on the armrest of the chair he was spread on.

"hey, bud!" i quietly said to him, poking his shoulder.

"and hey to you," he poked me back.

i thought for a moment, "what's the plan today?"

"fuck, are you not hungover?"

"no, i'm fine, i barely drank," i looked at him and he raised his eyebrows.

"you drank the most i think," he said.

"i have a high tolerance or something," i bit my lip, "are you hungover?"

"i'm doing fine, but i think we are all limp," he looked me in the eye, "did you want to do something today?"

i looked at my lap, "i'm in a new city with new people, i guess i just wanna explore."

"well, i'm fine to explore with you, if you want. but, you probably want your new girlfriend to be involved, don't you?" he winked. i looked around to see if anyone was listening to our conversation.

"she's not my girlfriend," i punched his shoulder.

"well, it's kind of a hot day. it's a good day to go outside. do you want to go ride rollercoasters or something?"

"rollercoasters make me nauseous.. do you have a water park in the area?" i suddenly got excited. i loved water parks.

"yeah! that sounds fun.. and also refreshing with the headache i currently have going," he smiled.

just then, millie and sadie walked back into the hotel and finn announced our plans to go to the water park. he invited everyone, but i didn't think most anyone would come. we were all very tired from last night.

an hour later, all of us were by the door ready to go. caleb was going to be driving one car, and sadie the other. i teased finn the whole way in the elevator about how he hasn't passed his driving test yet.

"it's not like you have your license either, y/n," finn shot back.

"well i have an excuse," i batted my eyelashes.

"and that is?" finn questioned.

"gays can't drive," as i said that sadie laughed. it made me smile that she was listening to our conversation.

"wait a minute," millie said, tuning into the conversation as well, "that might not be a fair excuse."

"and why not?" i replied.

"sadie can drive," millie laughed and sadie cackled in response.

once we arrived at the cars, we decided that finn, gaten, and i would ride with sadie while millie and noah would ride with caleb. the car ride was very peaceful. i expected a lot of prying from finn and gaten but mostly sadie and gaten talked about filming in the front seats and finn and i sat in the back. finn gave me an earphone and we listened to some rock songs which i discovered we both loved.

once we got to the water park sadie parked next to caleb and i heard noah whining about how he had to sit in the backseat of the car.

millie rolled her eyes, "you're the youngest noah, too bad so sad!"

AUTHORS NOTE//
hi, i know that it seems like a finn x reader right now, but you won't have any connection besides platonic with finn in this story. you're just best friends. sadie will become more involved soon, but i don't want to rush things with you and her. i hope you all are liking the story.