Chapter 14

"Okay, okay, I can only take so much," Kat stiffened. They were still surrounding her in their crushing group hug, "No more sappy shit, please."

"But you're so fun to hug," Mina whined as she tightened her grip while the rest of them let go, "You're so tiny, like a teddy bear!"

"I used to be taller than you, now get off!"

"Make me."

Kat was about to push the raccoon off, but she let go on her own when an eerie noise slowly filled their ears, their fun slowly dissipating into worry.

"Please tell me those aren't police sirens..." Kat was the only one who spoke, voice overflowing with panic. Eijiro wrapped his arm around her out of instinct, his grip like that of a boa.

She got her answer when the group ran out of Mina's bedroom into the hall, witnessing a herd of officers surrounding Denki's room

"Get back in your dorms, students. That's an order. We have this under control," One of the officers closest to them announced, holding his hand out in a stopping motion.

They cooperated, but not before they witnessed their classmate being escorted out of the building in handcuffs. A purple head of hair following close behind.

***

They had him in an interrogation room, one that seemed to be made especially for him. Every surface was covered in a thick layer of insulation. No doorknob. No table. No chair. Nothing. Just insulation. Just boring, white insulation. With that lovely orange uniform on, he was the only colorful thing in the room.

The door finally creeped open. The police must not have found a way to suppress his quirk yet, because they were wearing insulation as well; they looked like fucking astronauts.

"Denki Kaminari," One out of the three that had come in sat down on the floor in front of him, shuffling a thick stack of papers in his mitten hands, "that's not even your real name, is it?"

"Nope."

"We had the tech department dig up everything they could on you. Whoever made your alius did a piss poor job. There was nothing from before high school; it wasn't exactly hard to figure out."

"Figures," he shrugged. It was one thing to know your life, but it was absolutely fascinating to hear a cop dressed like an astronaut tell you about yourself.

"We also noticed your fingerprints have been burned off. Dental records don't exist. It's almost like any record of you up and vanished like a fart in the wind," He began laying the files out. They weren't files at all, but pictures. They had damn near every villain connected to the league in front of him.

"We're willing to cut you a deal if you cooperate," One of the other two spoke out, still refusing to sit. They must be there for backup, "either let a jury decide your feit, and possibly get life. Or help us out, and we can guarantee you'll get a max of five years."

"Maybe less, depending on how many you help us take down," the man sitting in front of him mumbled, "do we have a deal?"

He'd look them in the eyes if he could see their faces, but the masks they wore were tinted, "yeah. It's a deal."

***

The class was dead silent. If she didn't know any better, she'd think they were all statues. 

That's to be expected, though.

They'd sent Shinsou back to the dorms the next morning, but nobody had seen him since; he'd locked himself in his room. She made sure to slip some granola bars under the door just in case he got hungry.