Chapter 1: It'll Be Okay

Richies POV

I felt my arms weaken as I held Eddie close to me while carrying him out of the crumbling and falling death trap. I soon found myself and the others running outside. I ran forward behind the others my heart racing as I let my senses still intently listen to Eddie's slow and shallow breathing.

I let out a shaken breathe and set Eddie down on the ash felt road and moved his hair out of his face. "Come on... Eddie...you're safe now... come on, wake up...please..." I choked out the words my heart couldn't take it, I couldn't bear seeing Eddie in so much pain.

I quickly looked at his broken arm, seeing his cast dirty and breaking. I took in a shaky breathe watching Eddie. "Richie... I don't think he's going to wake up yet, his head got knocked pretty bad." Stan said crouching down beside me and him.

"Why can't he wake up now... I need him to wake up now..." I looked at Stan, my face would most likely be red raw from crying, and my eyes would be puffy as well. Stan looked shocked, having never seen me cry, well this much, before. He engulfed me in a hug and I dug my face into his shoulder finding myself hugging him back and crying once more.

The others joined the hug for a while before pulling apart and turning to me, trying to give me reassuring comments, but nothing worked. The others must've noticed, but before long Bev and I were cradling Eddie in our arms again walking him to his house, yes it was probably a dumb idea, but the only way for the Losers to help him was to let his mother take him to the hospital. Though I wanted her to be no where near him.

////

Stans POV

This was different. Richie never cried. Never. Okay being over-dramatic there but seriously, I ahvemt seen Richie cry this much before. Eddie was laying in his bed, not asleep but unconscious, and probably wasn't going to wake up any time soon.
Richie was sitting there on the floor next to Eddie's bed fiddling with a thin string of wool he had pulled from his sock. Ben and Bev sat next to each other quietly talking while being seated on two chairs in the corner of the small room. Bill sat next to me on the floor on top of a few blankets since it was quite cold.

Mike was sitting on Eddie's desk chair near the door.
Richie now seemed so distant he wouldn't seem to hear anything, or respond to anything the other Losers would say and ask.

"Richie?" I fixed my gaze over at him as I watched him move to a more comfortable position on the blanket he was sitting on. Soon enough he just let himself flop backwards onto his spine and took in a deep breathe and let exhaled shakily.

"Yes?"

Richie finally answered. I sat there shocked for a moment before opening my mouth to speak again.

"You okay? You're... you're not acting like yourself... you're..." I trailed off not knowing how to express what I was currently feeling.

"I'm what? Oh, oh, let me guess, you just want me to joke around at a time like this? Just because you're all sober and sad that Eddie hasn't woken up yet? I'm feeling the exact same okay? Maybe even... a little- deeper? I-" Richie cut himself off starting to tear up, he clenched his fists, nails digging into his palms

"Fuck- Richie I didn't mean it like that..." I honestly didn't know what to say now. Richie sat up, his face red and his eyes pink and puffy, his hair was ruffled and his glasses were falling down the bridge of his nose. 

"Richie... It's okay we're all here for you, and you have to believe that Eddie will be okay, he's strong, and so are you." Bev piped up. I mentally thanked her.

"I just- Why can't he be awake now- We could be maybe relaxing at the quarry... and maybe things would be different? I don't know..." Richie trailed off once more.

Mike, Ben, Bill and I stayed quiet as Bev walked over and hugged Richie. Richie didn't move at all, he just sat there.
Bev didn't mind that Richie didn't return the hug. She just sat back from her crouched position and pulled out a wipe from her pocket.

She cleaned up Richie's face and glasses and fixed his ruffled hair to a somewhat more stable condition than it was before. Richie watched Bev. "Do you keep that in there all the time?" He asked. Bev smiled, "Yeah pretty much." Richie had looked away from the others before turning back and cracking the smallest smile I'd ever seen him wear.

I watched as Bev hugged Richie one last time before turning back to her spot she had sitting next to Ben and walked over. I watched as Richie stood up and sat down next to the unconscious Eddie. Richie gently grabbed Eddie's hand and intertwined their fingers, but of course, the others didn't see, only I saw I guess, he muttered a few words. Richie then pulled his hand away from Eddie's and then went back to laying on his back on the floor.

The others and I had all started a small discussion within our selves. Mike had walked over to Richie and threw a few horrible jokes at him which made Richie let out a few giggles.

I glanced at Bill who had fallen asleep leaning on my shoulder, I blushed and rested my head on Bills gently and let myself be swayed away into a nightmare free sleep.

////

Also sorry for how short this chapter is-
I also forgot to add that Stanbrough is also in here 😌 They're so literally so cute, seriously oml.

Anyway, Hope, y'all enjoyed this chapter, see ya! 😌🎈💊