𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦

we got into our positions. it felt familiar. almost as familiar as picking up a pen and writing on a piece of paper. i took in a deep breath. my mind thinking back to our practice. i was nervous. i was scared. i was almost paralysed. what if i messed up? what if i crack my voice? what if i trip and make a fool of myself? what if it all goes wrong? what if we look like amateurs.

"stay focused and keep calm girls." izzy grinned at us. we all smiled back at her and nodded. those simple words injected a boost of confidence into my system. now all it needed was a little bit of help to get it started and let it roll.

the music played and as i sang and danced i felt my confidence growing. my mind no longer focusing on what people thought of us. of me. instead, i thought of the music. the rhythm. the ad-libs. the beat. the tempo. i felt a surge of confidence in my system. i felt myself becoming more confident in myself and my own abilities. i grinned before singing my line. easily hitting the note i had struggled for a week.

i moved smoothly to my next position, a move that i used to struggle for weeks. i had never felt this confident or this happy. i had never felt this sort of adrenaline in my system before. i had never felt this excited or this passionate. all i wanted now was to be in that moment forever. performing and singing. doing the things that i wanted the most. the career that i wanted. the dreams that i had always wished to pursue.

in that moment, perhaps everything was possible. i smiled at the thought. then the music faded away. the songs ended and that was when exhaustion kicked in. sweat beaded on my skin and i was out of breath. my muscles ached and all confidence drained away. it was gone as quickly as it came. i did my best to smile as we all froze in our position, the audience clapping and cheering. it was worth the pain. we all came into a line and bowed before exiting the stage. now it was only a matter of time before the decision with be made.