Uninvited guest

Kathir and Mullai stand holding each other close for a long time. Kathir is stroking her hair and she is still sobbing her heart out into his chest. It takes a while for her to let it all out. Kathir too feels overwhelmed with emotions and is in tears. All the pent up hurt, anger, confusion and longing seems to have burst out right now and both of them feel exhausted but finally relieved after a long time.

K- Nee ilama na oru nimisham kuda anga nimathuya ila. Enga paathalum nee than therinja...

M- Oru tharava kupturkalam ila thirumbi va nu..

K softly kissing her hair- Manichudu. Neeyum ena ivlo thedina nu enaku theriyathu. Unaku ena pidikalana Na thapa purijikiten. Una na ini ena vitu thaniya engayum poga vida maten.

It takes a few minutes but mulla finally calms down she looks up at him. He slowly lifts his fingers to wipe away the tears left in her cheeks. His fingers gently brush her cheek. They stare at each other for a long moment and she moves in closer. Her lips almost touch his his eyes are shut.

Suddenly she realises the proximity to him. And what she is about to do. She firmly pushes him away and turns her back to him embarssed.

It takes a moment for kathir to snap out of it. He feels disoriented and confused. He looks at her

K mindvoice- Ena aachu? Thirumba kita polama? En thideernu thalli vita?

M without turning around- Na poi kitchen la ethum velainiruka nu parkeren.

With that she runs away. She doesn't know why but she feels very embarrassed.

She goes into the kitchen deep in thought and cheeks flushing. She doesn't want to be the one who always makes the first move. She wants him to pursue her.

M mindvoice- Pinadiye varuvara?

She half expects him to come and hug her from behind. But nothing happens as she just stands there near the stove waiting for him.

Kathir is sitting in her bed waiting for her to come back.

K mindvoice- Nama ipa pona nallairukathu. Ithukahatha alayarom nu neichuduva. Ava apave kita varathe nu sona Nama than eyuthu pudichu katikitom. Ipa avaluka thonina varatum. Ava thane thalli vita. Avale varatum. Wait panuvom.

They both stare at the door expecting the other to walk in. In a few minutes the front bell rings.

K mindvoice- Pochu ava appa amma vanthutaha. Ini onume nadakathu.

M going to open the door- Yaru athukulla appa vanthurka matare.

She opens to find Kasthuri.

M- Aha aathachi... Neegala?? Hmm.. Thideernu... Appa amma veetla ilaya..

Kasthuri coming in- Na una than paka vanthen. Neeyum kathir thambiyum inga thanga vareeha nu mama sonnaha. Enga avaru.. Vanthara ila thirumba kadaike poitara.

M- Ulla rest eduthu irukaha atthachi.

Kathir hears kasthuris voice

K mindvoice- Aiyo ivangala. Pesiye konuduvangale. Pesama thungara mathri paduthuduvom. Ava avahala anupitu varatum..

Mulla peeks into the room and sees kathir lying in bed eyes closed.

M mindvoice- Thungitahala ?? Ivlo nadatha aparam Thungitahala. Ivahale vechukitu na ena seiven.

M- Avaha thugitaha attachi.

Kasthuri- Ena intha nerathula thugititu.. Nallava iruku..

M - Vaaram muyuka kadaila kashta padraha. Intha mari oru naalum rest edukave mataru timeum irukathu. Iniki etho aasathila paduthurkaha.

Kasthuri- Enaku tha theriyume. Kathir thambiya than ella velayum seiya veipaganu. Mootathukarthulerthu potlam podra varikum. Nee yavathu avara mari ilama konjam ushara iru mulla. Na Avlo than soluven.

M- Attachi arambikahthiha. jaga mama Eppidi irukaha? Paynan schoola nalla padikarana?

Kathir waits for kasthuri to leave but she is there for what seems like hours and before long mullas parents return.

K mindvoice- Sutham.