Unfulfilled expectations

Kathir returns back to Mullais home at around 9. He is in a bad mood. Moorthy had been angry that he had come to the shop even after telling him not to. Kathir had expected mulla to call him and was disappointed. He comes in to see Mulla sitting in the hall facing the door. It is obvious she was waiting for him.

Mulla has been staring at the door since evening.  She looks up at him as soon as he entered. She smiles a little before her face turns into a frown.

M mind voice- Evlo kadupa iruthalum, Ivahala Patha thana manasu Lesa aiduthu. Cha konjamavathu nama kashtam puriyutha ivahaluku.

He notes this with a little smile oof his own. Whatever anger he had seems small in comparison to see her face and that small smile.

Murugan- Ungalukuthan mapla wait panom. Vanga sapadlam..

K- Neega inum sapadlaya??

Murugan- Veetuku modhal modhala vnthuringa. Ungla vitutu eppidi sapdararathu.

Kathir feels guilty. He really dint want to go to shop today. He wanted mulla to stop him or call him back. He just did this for her attention. He even drove around for a few hours just hoping she would call him and ask him to come home . But now he realises that he is a guest in her parents home and they would be hurt by his behaviour. It is not just about him and her.

K- Manichuduga mama. Na kadaiku poirka kudathu. Etho payaka thosham athan. Neega saptrukanum. Avangaluku vera odambu serila.

Murugan- Paravailla mapla. Ithula ena iruku. Parvathy saptu paduthuta. Sugar iruku ila..

Mulla brings out the food. She hears him apologising to her father and is pleased.

M mindvoice- Ithvathu kekanum nu thoniche.

K- Nee saptiya?

She shakes her head.

K- Ukaru serthu sapdalam.

Mulla sits down with them. Both keep looking at each other smiling secretly.

Murugan mindvoice- Nama wait panathu thapu polairuke. Mulla ya sapaduveka solitu nama poi padthurkanum.

They finish their food. Murugan tries to help Mulla but she says she' ll manage. Murugan goes inside.

Kathir carries a few dishes into the kitchen along with her.

M- Na pathukaren

K still helping her- Nee phone panuva nu neichen... Ethirpathen... Kadaiku poirka kudathuthan. Manichudu.

M- Ipavathu poirka kudathu nu thoniche ungalluku. Na kadhva adachtu varen neega Ula ponga.

He goes in and waits for her in the room. He still doesn't know what to do. He wants to get close to her but something stops him. He knows she is angry but still wants her to come to him willingly once again.

K mindvoice- inum kovama than iruka. Ipa Eppidi avala pakathula Vara vekarthu.

K mindvoice- Seri ipidi seivom. nama kizha padukarom nu sona nichayam ava namala mela paduka soluva. Apidi start panalam.

Mulla comes him to see kathir sitting in the bed looking around.

M mindvoice- Ipavathu pakathula varuvara?? En eppidi muyukiraha? Ethukum kathava adachtu vepom.  Thideernu vanthu katikita.

Smiling she shuts the door.

M- Ena thedriha?

K- Ila Inga Pai ilaye. Eppidi padukarthu.

Mulla glares at him fuming. She sees him looking at her with expectation. She understands. She goes to the cupboard takes out a bedsheet and gives it to him.

M mindvoice- Ipavum na than sollanum Ila. Enaku puriyuthu. Na solla Maten neega ethirpakartha. Papom evlo naal ungalala thakupudika mudiyuthunu.

M- Itha potu padunga.

She's gives him a lovely smile goes and lies down even before he could move. He stands there looking at her in startled.

M closing her eyes- Goodnight.. Nalla thuguga..

K mindvoice- Aiyo ipidi sollitale. Nama onu neicha athu ippidi sothaputhe. Paravala nu erangi poi pakathula padthudlama.