Chapter 8 - The Last Light

Jack had tried to comfort Jamie and through his selfless action, he managed to open his heart to him

Jack had tried to comfort Jamie and through his selfless action, he managed to open his heart to him. Now, the young boy could see him, and he felt a great amount of happiness rushing through his veins.

At last, someone could see him, talk to him and touch him. They laughed in happiness, both of them since he had just proved Jamie that the Guardians were real despite what his friends had told him.

Suddenly, they heard a sound outside and look from the window only to see North trying to control his sleigh. It sidled across the cement before stopping for good.

"North are you okay?" Tooth asked him as they came to a sudden halt.

"Is official. My powers are kaput!" he said.

Then, they noticed Jack landing close to them which made Tooth gasp.

"Look!" she said and jumped off the sleigh but remembered she couldn't fly so she stumbled to her feet. Jack! Jack!"

The said Spirit caught her and helped her stay on her feet. "You okay?"

She gingerly brushed her feathers back, looking a little embarrassed.

North climbed off the sleigh and was using a sword as a crutch. "What are you doing here?"

"Same as you"

Jamie ran out of the house and saw the Guardians.

"The last light!"

"Wow! It is you! I mean, it is you!" Jamie said in excitement and turned to Jack while laughing from happiness. "I knew it wasn't a dream!"

"Jack, he sees you!"

Jack smiled and shoved Jamie on the shoulder in fondness. "Wait...but-...where's Bunny?"

"Losing Easter took its toll on all of us. Bunny most of all" North explains as a tiny grey & white rabbit jumped up on the edge of the sleigh.

"Oh no..."

Jamie laughed. "That's the Easter Bunny?"

"Now somebody sees me! Awh- where were you 'bout an hour ago, mate?"

"What happened to him? He used to be huge, and cool, and now he's... *scratches him behind his ear* cute.

"Oh, s' good! *gets a grip* Ahh! *Bats Jamie's hand away* Did you tell him to say that? *He bounds down to Jack, jumps up and hits his leg with both rear haunches, then hops on his back feet like he's going to box* That's it, let's go, me n' you! Come on!"

"No, actually, he told me you were real! Just when I started to think that maybe you weren't"

Bunny rested on his haunches. "He made you believe... In me?" he asked, and Jamie nodded.

Then, he looked up at Jack, genuinely grateful and he smiled back. Thunder and lightning crackled in the sky, startling all of the Guardians, notably Bunny. Suddenly, Pitch appeared.