one

song: strawberries and cigarettes by troy sivan

hey guys, ya girl viking2112 here!! i decided to make a reddie fanfiction of my own, since i'm always reading others. this is my first time writing, so i'm sorry if there's some grammatical errors or anything that doesn't make since.. also TW for some homophobic words

it had been around four or five years since the attack of pennywise. since then, the losers had grown apart from each other. 

beverly had moved in with her aunt after her fathers death, which was around a 20 minute drive from the rest of the losers, but she had still insisted on going to the same high school as them. ben had started working out, therefore causing him to become too 'busy in the gym' to hang out with the rest of the gang. mike's grandfather had started making him work more, giving him no extra time to himself. but, bill and stan still hung out occasionally, although stan's dad recently started becoming more harsh on him with his studies. eddie's mom had become a lot more strict and overprotecting since high school had started, and richie..  well, he's just richie.

today was finally the first day of the loser's last year in this hellhole one could call school. everyone was crowded in the hallway, as a small eddie pushed his way through to get to his locker. once he finally made it, he was greeted by the cousin of his childhood bully, connor. "hey boys look, the fairy's here." 

he shoved eddie aggressively, causing him to fling back into the locker. "s-stop" he muttered under his breath, keeping his eyes in contact with the floor. "what was that girly-boy?" eddie made eye contact with connor, before scanning the hallway with a look for help on his face. 

"hey!" connor took eddie by his shirt and shook him so his attention was again back on connor. "you gonna answer my question fairy?" eddie felt himself choke on words, trying to spit something out, before looking back down at the ground, tears welling up in his eyes

"let him go fuck-face!!" eddie recognized this voice. after connor resentfully let eddie go, eddie slowly looked up to be greeted with a pair of beautiful eyes. eyes that he could stare into for hours on hours. he remembered the coke bottle glasses richie used to wear, making him smile. one look was all it took to make eddie realize he was still in love with that trashmouth.

 "eds?? you okay??" richie said, causing eddie to snap back into reality. "huh, oh yeah. i'm alright. thanks rich" eddie fiddled with the lock, pulling at it vigorously. "here, let me try." richie's hands touched eddie's, making the two boys feel the connection they had years ago. 

"combination?" "oh, 12-24-03" richie smoothly rotated the lock, opening it with one pull. "thanks" eddie felt himself blush, as he picked up a few useless, stupid textbooks from his locker.

richie admired eddie as he did this. he couldn't really help himself, to be honest. the way he blushed and smiled made richie's heart flutter with joy. "i missed this eds. ya know, us-well not us like us us but like-" eddie held his hand up, as though silencing richie "i got it chee. and i miss us too. i miss us, and the losers club.." 

the two stayed quiet, remembering all the memories they shared. "well, we'll be late for class if we don't get going now. what's your schedule?" eddie said, fiddling with his pencil case. "oh, i have history with page first." richie said, the two walking side by side. "really?! so do i!!"

walking side-by-side, richie and eddie walked into the history room, looking at their classmates for the next year. there was the usual: sam, greta, jack, maureen... and four other faces which they recognized and loved so dearly! "hey guys!!" richie said, sitting on top of a desk. "hey reddie!" bev said, throwing a smile their way. 

"who's reddie?" eddie had asked, innocently glancing at beverly. "oh, re-reddie is the name be-bev made for you and ri-richie. cute h-huh?" bill said, sitting next to stan, who was deeply engrossed in another conversation with ben. "yeah.. cute.." eddie said, hiding his blush.

 he sat in a chair at the desk richie was sitting on, causing richie to look down at the boy. "hey, would you wanna maybe.. i dunno.. go get some ice cream after school?" richie half whispered, as their classmates chatter filled the room. "yeah.. that sounds great, richie"

ahhh alright that was chapter one of 'strawberries and cigarettes'!! i really hope you enjoyed!! i should be able to upload another sometime this week, i can't promise though.. i love you all!! <3