OS Number 3 - Inspired by Thoda Thoda

Song and Character Credits – All rights belong to their respective owners

Kathir and Mullai had come over to stay in Murugan's home. It was almost evening when Kathir and Mullai were sitting in the room talking.

Mullai: Enga, neenga oru naal kooda inga irukka mateehanu thaan nenaichaen. Parava illai. Rendu naal kadaiya pathi yosikkama inga irukeengale. Kashtama illaiya?

Kathir: Nee kooda irukum pothu enakku enna kashtam? Ishtapattu thaan inga irukkaen.

Mullai smiles.

Mullai: Paarda... Nejama ishtapattu thaan irukeehala?

Kathir: Un mela ishtapaatu thaan un kooda irukkaen.

Mullai blushes. 

Thoda thoda malarnthathenna (You bloomed with the touches)

Poovae thottavanai marandhadhenna (Oh dear flower, why forget the one who touched you?)

Paarvaigal pudhithaa (Are the looks new?)

Sparisangal pudhithaa (Are the caresses new?)

Mazhai vara bhoomi marupadhenna (Why would the earth resist the rain?)

Mullai: Ungalukku epothulendhu naannuna ishtam?

Kathir: Ninaivu therinja naalula irunthu

Mullai looks into Kathir's eyes as he continues.

Kathir: Unnaiya romba pudikkum. Yenna veetu prachainainala thaan un mela erinju vilunthaen. Mathapadi unnai kayapaduthanumnu nenachadu kooda illa.

Mullai's eyes glisten with tears. Kathir cups her cheek.

Kathir: Ey, ippo endi alarae?

Mullai shakes her head signalling no and smiles. She stands up and holds Kathir's hands. She then gestures him to follow her and leads Kathir to the attic quietly.

Kathir: Inga yendi kootitu vandhurukkae?

Mullai: Konjam porunga.

Mullai uses her phone torchlight and searches the attic for a wooden chest and spots it lying at a corner. She then gestures Kathir to come closer and together they open the box. Kathir picks up the first item in the box - a photoframe.

Antha ila vayathil (In our young days)

Atrangarai manalil (in the banks of the river)

Kaaladi thadam padithoam (We placed our foot marks)

Yaar azhitthaar (who destroyed them?)

Mullai: Ithu nyabagam irukka?

Kathir traces his finger on the picture. It was a shot of Jeeva, Kathir and Mullai in their childhood days. In that photo, Mullai was clinging onto Kathir. Jeeva was standing beside Kathir and all three of them had a big smile on their faces.

Kathir: Eppadi marakka mudiyum? Intha padam namma veetla illai ana enakku nalla nyabagam irukku. Namma kula deivam kovilukku pona pogthu eduthathu thaane. Ithu thaan naama ellam onna sernthu pona kadaisi trip.

Mullai places her hand on Kathir's shoulder as tears roll down both their cheeks.

Kathir: Itha naama veetukku eduthuthu polama?