OS Number 4 - Inspired by Pookalae

Song and Character Credits – All rights belong to their respective owners

Kathir had been glancing towards the main road, once every few minutes. It was almost 9.30am but the person he had been waiting for was no where to be found. Kathir turns his back away from the road when he hears the sound of a car horn.

Pookalae sattru oyvedungal (Oh flowers, rest a while)

Aval vandhu vittal aval vandhu vittal (she has arrived)

Hey I endral athu azhagu endraal (If 'I' in Tamil means beauty)

Andha I-kalin I aval thaana? (isn't she the beauty of the beauties?)

Hey I endral athu kadhalvul endral (If 'I' means God)

Andha kadhavulin thugal aval thaana? (isn't she the particle of the God himself?)

Iyyo ena thigaikkum I ena viyakkum ("I-yyo" that is used to express frustration/dismay and the "I" that is used to express surprise)

I-galukellam vidumuraiyai aval thanduvittal (To all the expressions, she had granted a holiday)

Aval vandhu vittal (She has arrived and her beauty had rendered every one speechless)

Kathir turns back and sees the car come to a stop, right in front of where he was standing.

Kathir: Jeeva anna, ellarum vanthutahe.

Jeeva comes and stands beside Kathir and the two of them help their mother to get down from the car. Just then, Moorthy arrives on his bike with Kannan. The other ladies alight and Kathir's eyes search for that one special individual - His Mullai.

Mullai who had alighted from the other door, walks behind the car and joins the family. The moment Kathir sets his eyes on her, he forgets to blink and breathe. His azhagi was dressed in a kili pachai saree with a mittai pink border that he had gifted her for their wedding anniversary.  She had minimal accessories, lightly kohled eyes, hairline filled with kungumam and most importantly, her signature smile that made Kathir's heart skip beats.

Intha ulagil unnai vella oruvan illai (There is no one in this world to defeat you)

Unthan asaivugal yaavillum I (Your every movement has an 'I' - softness)

Veli azhagu kadanthu un idhayam nuzhaindhu en aimpulan unarnidhidum I (Even after transcending your beauty, and entering your heart, all my five senses would experience 'I' - surprise and vulnerability)

Mullai's eyes meet Kathir's eyes and the two of them share an eyelock.

Moorthy: Kathir, engada Mamava kaanom?

Jeeva turns and notices Kathir being lost in his own world. He nudges Kathir.

Kathir: Enna?

Moorthy: Ennada yosichikkitu irukka? Mama enganu kettaen.

Kathir smiles sheepishly.

Kathir: Athu onnum illanae. Mama, tho vanduthuvaaru. Saravanan kootittu vandhuduvaan.

Kannan: Anna, anga paarunga. Mama vanthutharu. Koodavae Mullai Anniyoda Amma Appavum varanga.

Kathir heaves a sigh of relief and turns back to Mullai who struggles to control her laughter. One and a half years ago, it was this same man who hated the sight of her. Now, he was getting into trouble because he couldn't keep his eyes off her.