Friendly

Shush I just have zero ideas

He had been fascinated with him since the boy had moved here.

He had light brown hair and green eyes that glimmered behind his glasses when he was happy or excited. He'd tell long stories to anyone who'd listen and call people 'muffins' or 'fatties'. He was probably the only one in the school who was interested in learning French. And he was friends with everyone.

Within the first week of being at MC High, the muffin boy - Darryl - had more proper friends than Zak had ever had. I mean, plenty of people knew him, and they talked to him, but they weren't really friends as per se. He only had about 5 actually close friends. And yet, Darryl had become fast friends with everyone in the class.

He had managed to hold a conversation with Mega, who hardly ever talked to anyone, and even Dave, a pretty socially anxious but very extroverted kid, had willingly talked with him about video games for a full 2 minutes. Dave hadn't even insulted him!

Zak had mentioned this while he was talking to his best friends and neighbours, Harvey and George.

They had all agreed that Darryl was definitely way too nice. In fact, George had played a pretty annoying prank on him, and Darryl had almost cried. Anyone else would've punched him. Zak was an example.

Harvey hadn't really spoken to him, but from being in the same Chemistry class as him, he could confirm also that Darryl was a literal angel.

So Zak finally worked up the courage to talk to him. It had been if French when he had really realized that though Darryl was very nice, he was also very dumb. By dumb, he meant naive. And very weird.

"Bonjour! Je m'appelle Darryl."

He coughed.

"You're Zak right?"

Darryl held out a hand for a handshake.

"Yeah?"

Instead of taking it, Zak hit it as if for a high five. Darryl frowned confusedly, before continuing.

"I was just wondering, since Vincent here can't answer, how you'd say Dr Pepper in French."

Vincent, who was standing behind Darryl, facepalmed.

"It's literally the same... I'm french... I'd know this..."

He mouthed at Zak.

Vin wasn't an exchange student, in fact, he had moved to America when he was 15, and joined MC. He still took French classes, though he didn't know why. He just felt like being good at something.

"I'm pretty sure it's the same."

Zak tried not to laugh.

"No! Because, potato in French isn't potato. It's la pomme de terre!"

His French accent was terrible.

"Well then... Hey Vin?"

He turned to look at Vincent, who groaned.

"What."

"How do you say Doctor in French?"

Zak smirked.

"Mon dieu.... It's docteur. Please don-"

"-So, how do you say pepper in French?"

"OH My god... It's poiver."

"So, Dr Pepper would be... Docteur Poiver?"

Darryl clapped his hands together, beaming.

"See! You could've said that earlier, Vincent!"

"Dr Poiver..."

Vin rolled his eyes.

"Dr Poiver!"

And this was all Zak heard for the rest of the day.

I'm sorry this was uh....
Bad.

But y'know.