Prologue: The blue boy

When Eddie was born his mum became overwhelmed with both joy and despair. Blue was never a color she liked and she'd never met a bluelover she'd gotten along with. This automatically meant that she would not approve of whoever her boy was destined to love. This however, did not stop her from caring for her boy with all her heart.

On the other hand, Eddie adored his hair. When he was younger he used to weave bright pink flowers through the sky blue locks, running to his mum with excitement just to see her eyes well up with tears. She would sit him down and pull the flowers from his hair, brushing it out and putting it under a dark green cap. All she could think of when she saw the excitement her child got from the colour pink was the Tozier kid down the road who had the brightest pink curls.

When Eddie turned twelve, his mother found a product someone was selling that was said to temporarily change the colour of your hair. She jumped at the chance to change the thing she hated most about her son. Eddie must have cried for days when he looked in the mirror to see that his beautiful blue head of hair had turned to a muted brown.

Since then she had been consistently dying the blue roots every time they started to grow back, telling Eddie that it was for his own good. If she could save him from the embarrassment and sadness that would come from that Tozier boy, she would.