Chapter 2 - (part 3)

Eddie opened his eyes to Sonia Kaspbrak hovering over his head. 

"Why didn't you tell me your roots were growing in? You know you can't let people see your real hair!" She pulled the covers off the bed and gestured for him to get up. "I'll get the dye ready, you meet me in the bathroom. C'mon Eddie bear, get up." 

"Mommy can it wait until tonight? I have plans with Mike." he sat up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. 

"Eddie bear you know I don't like you hanging out with that kid, he's not like us. Can't you tell him you're busy?" The woman whined, her feet already halfway out the door. 

"I'll wear a hat, I promise. Please? I don't wanna be late." the boy got up and began to grab clothes to change into. 

"Out of the question. It'll only take half an hour. Now get in the bathroom if you wanna go out at all today." without any warning, the woman's hand shot out, wrapping around Eddie's wrist. "Let's go." 

"Mommy you're hurting my wrist, careful." He wiggled his arm out, but continued to follow her to the bathroom. 

...

"The kid's half an hour late, where the hell is he?" Richie fiddled with a lighter, flipping it open and closed before letting the flame engulf the end of a cigarette. 

"He'll probably be here, who can stay away from you, trash mouth." The red haired girl reached over and plucked the smoke from his mouth, taking a drag before placing it back. Ben couldn't hang out with them because he had a family event, so Bev had decided to tag along on their trip to the barrens. 

"H-h-he's p-probably just l-l-late." 

Stan was sitting at in the grass bent over a book, his brow furrowed in concentration. "Will you guys shut up? I'm trying to study." 

"It's summer you numbskull, why the hell are you studying?" Richie reached over and grabbed the book from his hands. "The encyclopedia of birds? Really? What are you, an old man?" 

"Give it back you braindead moron, you wouldn't be able to understand a sentence in that book." 

"Are you forgetting who in this group is a straight A student? You underestimate me, bird boy! I am the master of academic skill, one day I'll be your boss and you'll-" 

"Hey guys sorry I'm late!" The four kids looked up in unison. From the top of the hill they could see two figures. The smaller boy and another kid walking beside him. 

As they got closer the group got a better look at the new boy. He was tall and well built, his arms extremely muscular for a teenage boy. He had dark skin and a warm welcoming smile, but the thing that stood out the most to everyone was his hair. It wasn't just the natural one colour, instead his hair was a mix of two. Some strands were a bright green, and others a bright yellow, the colours overlapping and mixing in some places. 

"You must be Eddie!" Bev got up and ran towards the smaller kid, here hand outstretched, "I'm Bev, I run this group of hormone filled rowdy teenage boys." 

Eddie reluctantly accepted the hand shake, immediately wiping his hand on his pant leg afterwards. 

"N-nice to meet you." He looked up at the girl, noticing how much taller than him she was. He felt almost intimidated by her presence, as if she were a wolf and he was a defenceless rabbit. 

"And you are?" She quickly turned her attention to the other boy, extending her hand again. He grabbed it with much more confidence and smiled. 

"I'm Mike, it's nice to meet you." his voice was warm like summer, and smooth like honey. "I love your hair, such a bright colour!" 

Bev's face lit up, her hand flying to her hair, "Thank you so much, I like yours too. I didn't even know you could have more than one colour. How is that possible if you don't mind me asking?" 

"C'mon Bev, don't crowd round the new kid, we all wanna hear." Richie pushed past her, giving Mike a smirk. "Richie Tozier's the name, I'm the groups badboy." 

"B-b-bullsh-shit." Bill approached the small group that was forming and suddenly stopped in his tracks. He couldn't really see the boy from where he was but as soon as he got a good look he was awestruck. He had a round face with a warm smile that made the kid's stomach fill with butterflies. He felt his face flush and quickly turned away, pretending to cough into his elbow. 

"B-b-bb-b-b-bill." He mumbled into his arm, extending the other shyly.

Bev turned her head to watch, noticing the pink creeping up on her friend's ears. She let out a small laugh under her breath and elbowed Richie in the arm. "Hey trashmouth, check it out. I think big Bill has a crush." 

...

Hey everyone, I know you guys are frustrated with my lack of updates so I had an idea. I'm going to find a co-writer. If you are interested in writing parts of the story and helping me on this journey all you have to do is dm me on here or message me on my Instagram -thearrogantartisan . What I'll be doing is giving you a prompt and you'll write me a short story based off of it. The winner will have their story featured on here and will get the chance to co-write chapters of this story. I look forward to hearing from all of you and I apologize for my  inconsistent updates. My family is currently in the process of moving houses and I'm trying to find a job lol. A lot of stuff on my plate so having someone to help me write and motivate me to keep going is going to be some helpful. Love you all!