Chapter 1 - (part 2)

After a night of R rated movies and too much sweets for any normal human to consume, Bill and Richie fell asleep on the living room couch cuddling. It wasn't the type of cuddling that a couple would do, but rather the affectionate type of cuddling between two boys that had been friends since childhood. 

Bill's parents used to come in every night and put a blanket over the two before fixing some hot tea and going to bed, but ever since the loss of Bill's brother, they had been less present in the boy's life. 

The tube tv continued to play a series of movies, oblivious to the comatose audience. 

... 

The next morning, the two boys untangled themselves from each other and quietly got ready for the day, trying their best not to bother the sleeping adults in the other room. 

"How long do you think until my mum notices I haven't been home?" Richie stretched his back, hearing some of the joints pop. 

"I-I-I don't kn-know." Bill grabbed a pop tart from the cupboard and put it in the toaster, "Luh-last time it to-took her thr-three weeks I th-think." 

"Yeah well, last time she wasn't drunk off her ass every night." he wore a smile but the tone of his voice betrayed his thoughts. 

"Sh-she'll nnnn-notice." 

"I fucking hope not." the pink haired boy lied. 

A couple years ago Richie had decided to conduct an experiment. This experiment was to see how long he could crash at Bill's house before his mom noticed he was gone. The first time he did it she contacted the police within the week, but that was before his dad left. At least with Wentworth Tozier around, there was someone who cared about him. But his mother was just too much to handle, never taking the time to understand her son or her husband. Richie always figured that was what drove him away. Now his experiments have lasted upwards of three weeks, once almost a month. Maggie just didn't seem to care, only contacting her son out of guilt or whenever she wasn't drunk. 

"Lll-let's go g-g-get ice-cream." Bill grabbed his friend by the arm and dragged him out of the house. 

The boys opted not to bring their bikes, not having locks. It wasn't like the parlour was very far from Bill's house. Living in Derry meant nothing was too far to walk. 

"I wonder if we'll run into Stan the man, he likes this place." Richie punched Bill in the arm to get his attention. 

"D-d-d-d-d-do you th-th-think sssss-so?" Bill's stutter almost prevented him from being able to utter a word. 

Richie watched as a pink hue began to creep into his friend's cheeks, his arms crossing over his chest. He didn't mention anything though, knowing how bad his friend had it. 

"Ffff-fuck, sss-sorry. I f-fucking hate mm-m-my fu-fucking st-st-st-" 

"Chill Billy boy, I get it." Richie wrapped an arm around the flustered kid, "I totally understand feeling flustered around me, I mean look at my face. Who can resist?" he pulled Bill's head down and messed up his bright yellow hair. 

"Asshole." 

"Hey, no stutter! I'm proud of you babe." They both burst into laughter as the ice-cream parlour came into view. 

Richie ran up as usual, holding the door for his smaller friend. 

"Well, speak of the Green haired devil, Stan the man!" As if Richie had predicted the future, Stanley Uris sat at one of the tables, a large sundae in front of him. 

"Hey Trashmouth, how's the search doing?" The boy waved them over to the table. As they sat down they noticed that the sugar packets on their table had been stacked neatly in rows and the ketchup lined up perfectly with the mustard, just how it always was with Stan. 

"Not a single fucking blue haired person who's favorite color is pink is this entire town, who would have guessed." 

"Maybe you're meant to be alone. Hey Bill how's it going?" After seeing Bill, Stanley quickly changed the subject. 

Stan knew his favorite colour was yellow, but he'd never been ably to figure out Bill's. All he knew was that when this yellow haired boy was around, he couldn't focus on anything. Even his messy asymmetrical hair didn't bother the normally OCD kid.

On the other hand, Bill knew for a fact that green was his favorite colour, but because both boys were equally star struck and scared of messing things up, neither of them would disclose any of this information to the other. 

Richie knew that both boys were deeply into the other, but he was just enough of a shit disturber to sit back and watch. He made it into his own game. 

"I-I-I-I... I'm gg- I'm g- I-I-I-I'm..." 

"He's great Stanial, just a little winded from the walk." Okay maybe he wasn't as big of a shit disturber as he thought, his first priority was always his best friend's safety and or pride. 

"It's fine, do you guy's wa-"

"Hey do you mind if I sit with you guys?"

... 

Cliff-hanger lol. jk you guy's probably know who it is.