Careful

"Mitch, Mitch! Who's the new guy? Is he your boyfriend?"

Mitch laughed, looking at the crowd of reporters. "I don't even know if he's my boyfriend," he said.

"Do you love him?"

"I kissed him!" Mitch said. "Of course, it was an experiment, but still. If it wasn't going well, then I wouldn't have kissed him."

"He's not your first kiss."

Mitch was slightly taken aback by this confident statement. "I won't say," he said. "Maybe he was my first kiss; maybe he wasn't.

He started heading for the car. It wasn't his; he had a chauffeur.

He got into the back of the car, grinning when the reporters pooled around it, shouting questions and pleading with him to stay.

"I'm tired after the show!" Mitch said. "I just wanna rest." He allowed his voice to catch slightly. "I just wanna go home, and get some sleep and have some of the privacy that I am so rarely allowed. I also have homework still."

"On the weekend?" someone asked. 

"Yeah," Mitch replied. "It's not too much, but it's there."

The crowd dispersed as he got all the way in the car and shut the door. They drove to the other side of the building, where Kirstie was waiting. "I had wondered about you," she said. 

"Paparazzi," Mitch explained simply, opening the door for her.

Kirstie nodded, getting into the car. Mitch closed the door, and she grinned.

"You're so cheesy," she said, as he got back into the car.

"You love me for it," Mitch informed her.

"'Course I do," she responded.

_

"They assumed that?" Scott asked, raising an invisible eyebrow. "They seriously assumed that I wasn't your first kiss?"

"Right," Mitch told him. "And believe me, I thought the same thing."

Scott shook his head. "That's unbelievable."

Mitch shrugged. "They're the paparazzi; they make outrageous statements like that to attract attention."

Scott sighed. "I still don't like it," he complained.

"Neither do I," Mitch responded. 

_

Mitch and Kirstie walked side-by-side through the halls to get to choir. They ignored the stares of the other students. They were used to the stares by now. 

"Hey, Mitchie!" someone called out.

"Only my friends call me that!" Mitch called back.

"Where's your little boyfriend?" asked the same person.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Mitch said. "I have a tall person that I'm going out with a bit--just a friend who I can test the waters with a little bit--but I have no little boyfriend."

"Where's your tall person that you're going out with?" asked the problematic student.

"Not here," Mitch told them. "Stop being a problem. Just let me get to class in peace."

The student shut their mouth at that.

_

Scott laughed at Mitch's story.  "They said that?" he asked.

Mitch nodded. "I made them shut up," he said, "So I hope it might persuade others to not do the same."

Scott shook his head. "I don't really think that it will," he said.

Mitch shrugged. "Well," he said. "We just have to prepare for that, then."

"Will they start doing that to me, do you suppose?" Scott asked.

"I don't really know," Mitch told him. 

Scott sighed. "I'll be ready for it," he said.

"Well," Mitch said, "It'll all blow over before too long; we'll just have to deal with it, and not showcase our relationship too much. So, we just have to be careful. It'll all be over soon."

"I hope you're right," Scott said unhappily.

***

This was a bit of a shorter one; I just wanted to show how much people were asking about Scott. After this there will be a bit of a time skip, so I wasn't sure if I'd get another chance.