Don and Joan

Another hour had passed by, and no sign of the Cannonator, as L.A.R.O.G. drank the last of his oil. "Okay, another hour has passed by." He said. "Come on now, Max, time for you to share while we wait."

Max was alone in Cliff's rover while Cliff went to get something to eat for the two of them. "Why is everyone so obsessed?" He asked. "I don't see how a humiliating story about me is gonna make anyone feel any better."

—————

"You know, it just might." CJ replied from his position as Don undid his gi shirt.

—————

Cliff had returned to the rover with some food as Max lowered his head. "Okay, fine." Cliff opens the bag and gets out a hamburger for Max. "Right after Don steps up. How about that?"

—————

From his position, L.A.R.O.G. shrugged. "Okay, fair enough." He said, putting the empty oil can in the bag.

—————

Don shook his head. "Guys, there's absolutely nothing to tell." He replied.

—————

"Really?" Cliff asked. "Why did my sister return home at 2 in the morning, teary eyed?" CJ just smirked and Don sighed.

—————

20 Hours Earlier

Don and CJ walk into the police station, passing by two officers escorting a handcuffed couple away. Don was on the phone. "Hey, Joan, it's me again." He said as they walk along the room. "Listen, I just want to say that what you're going through, I hope you know that you can tell me. Okay? Just give me a call back. Thanks." He hangs up.

"Got voicemail again?" CJ asked.

"Yeah."

"Hey, you know, silence doesn't always mean something bad is going on."

"I'm sorry, CJ. I am babbling about my situation, in front of you, who obviously had the perfect Valentine's Day with Phoebe since she no longer has braces."

"Oh, no. It's all right. She's in Jamanakai Village now, visiting her uncle. At least I didn't humiliate myself at the Wu Memorial last night."

"You don't have to remind me, okay?"

"Oh, please. It's even funnier than finding out you wear pink underpants."

"Just, don't let the guys know about my nightmare, okay? Because if they do, I'm just gonna be a punch line between now and December."

"Got it."

"Thank you."

They suddenly stop when they see Cole near them. "Don, CJ." He said, obviously looking smug.

"Dad." CJ replied.

Cole then looked at Don, feeling a little awkward. "Don, it was, uh, very good to see you last night."

Don immediately felt awkward as well about what his honorary uncle had said before CJ immediately moved to interrupt. "So, any information on the bank heist?"

Reminded to get back to their previous topic, Cole moved aside to show them a board. "We looked at every known associate of the Cannonator. They're either dead or in prison. But, there was apparently another unknown associate that we have been unable to find. I have my CIs combing the streets right now."

"Actually, we're already ahead of you." Don said. "We came here to tell you that Cliff had just identified the associate."

"Who?"