Cliff and Minnie

"I left her a bunch of messages." Don said. "And CJ's been trying to put a spin on it all day."

"Maybe she got spooked." L.A.R.O.G. replied through the intercom.

"Maybe she's cheating on you." Max said through the intercom.

"No, I checked." Don replied. "So, now that you have heard mine, Max, you promised."

"Uh, hang on." Cliff spoke through the intercom.

—————

In his rover, Cliff had his hand over his left eye looking forward with his silver eye. "My EyePhone has confirmed that Cannonator is almost in the vicinity."

"Well, let's go grab him." Max said.

"No way, not after we hear your story."

"Probably when you ask how you knew that Cannonator would be coming back for the money."

—————

18 Hours Earlier

"Now look, we've already matched your DNA to the Cannonator." Cliff said to the middle aged man while in the interrogation room with Max. The man was cuffed to the table, and had some bandages on him. "You're his half-brother. Which means, you may know something."

"I ain't saying a damn thing, Baby Ninja." The man replied.

"Oh, really?" Max asked. "Maybe your ex-wife."

"Leave Greta out of this."

"Greta?" Cliff asked. "As in Greta Holland?"

"Yeah."

"Then we don't need your help." He and Max soon head for the door. "We'll just ask her."

"Hey, I said leave Greta out of it!" They soon left the room.

—————

In a women's clothing store, Cliff and Max enter it, allowing a couple of girls, who flirtatiously smile at them, pass by before they see a nearby employee, and head up to her. "Hello."

"Mr. Walker." The employee said.

"Hi."

"It's nice to see you again."

"It's very nice to see you, as always. Nice to see you."

"How'd that purchase work out?"

Max nudges him. "Yeah, how did it work out?" He asked before turning to the employee. "We won't-- He won't, uh, tell me."

"No, it was--" Cliff cuts himself off. "Everything's fine. I don't think you wanna hear about my terrible Valentine's Day experience."

"Oh, she didn't like the earrings?"

Max then widened his eyes. "Earrings?" He asked before chuckling. "You bought earrings from here?"

"Yeah, I did." He replied.

"Mr. Clifton Walker once bought a beautiful dress a few weeks back for Minnie's birthday."

"Did he?" Max asked. "No wonder the dress looked nice."

"And then he came here just the other day and bought earrings for her."

"Yeah." Cliff said before looking back at the employee. "Listen, is your mother here? I'm afraid it's official Ninja business."

She soon folded her arms. "It's about my uncle, isn't it?" She asked.