nineteen

"i swear if i hadn't come to check on you, you'll probably regret everything that happened today," hyunjin said to a now sleeping minho.

that evening, hyunjin had been trying to call minho but there was no answer. when he got there with the spare key, he found minho on his laptop looking really disheveled and drunk. he had to stop whatever he's doing before it gets even worst.

i mean, confessing to a crush is not that bad right?, hyunjin thought. all he could hope for is that jaeho will be fine with it. he discovered minho was sad on having wild thoughts about how can he like someone he never even met, so he tried to drink the problem away.

hyunjin had tucked minho to bed after he calmed down from whining that he wanted to keep talking to jaeho. it's now 7 in the evening and the older is finally soundly asleep after hyunjin convinced him to wash up and head to bed.

"hey jinnie, are you here?" hyunjin heard a small voice from outside minho's room and smiled softly. he walked out of the room to see seungmin was looking around looking for him.

he slowly approached seungmin and embraced him with a tight hug from behind as he snuggled into the younger's neck. seungmin was surprised but slowly relaxed when he realised it was his boyfriend.

"here you go. how's hyung?" seungmin chuckled, handing hyunjin his favourite drink as he turned to face him. hyunjin's face lit up and took a sip, smiling delightfully at the shorter.

"he was sad and got drunk, that's why he wasn't answering my calls," hyunjin frowned as he spared a glance towards minho's room. seungmin gave a reassuring hug and smiled.

"he must've been so proud to have a caring best friend like you, sweetie," he said, his voice sweet and honey-like. hyunjin couldn't help but smiled and stole a quick peck on his lips.

"come on now, let's go home. i'll bring him hangover soup next morning," hyunjin said and intertwined his fingers with seungmin's. walking out, he made sure to lock the door and left.

-

minho woke up with a terrible headache that morning, had no recalls whatsoever what happened the day before. he walked out of his room to see hyunjin in the living room watching netflix.

"hyun, what are you doing here?" he asked, completely unaware of the soup on his dining table. hyunjin turned around and quickly walked up to minho and guide him to the dining table since he seems to be walking funny with the headache.

"i came to check up on you, eat your soup," hyunjin sat on the chair across minho and took a bite of his toast. the older is confused to why he's not having a real breakfast while hyunjin does.

"soup?" he asked, having a hard time to see that hyunjin bought him soup for breakfast. hyunjin sighed and quickly explained.

"it's a hangover soup. you were drunk yesterday," he said while he continued to watch the television. at this point, minho is even more confused. i was drunk?

"why was i drunk? i didn't do anything stupid did i?" the older asked, finally accepting his soup. he didn't remember anything from yesterday and to be honest he regrets drinking.

"why don't you answer the first question yourself, i bet you would know. and as for the second question, i don't think you did anything that stupid," he emphasized on the word 'that' and minho got nervous.

"what did i do?" he asked and hyunjin just chuckled. "you slapped me from stopping you to do something even more stupid, and don't worry. nothing happened," hyunjin lied.

it felt so bad to lie to minho, but for the sake of keeping minho happy, even just for a while, he would do anything for that to happen. it's so devastating seeing how sad minho gets sometimes.

"you weren't answering my calls, so when i came over you're already drunk," he continued and now minho remembers why he drank yesterday. he remembered vividly how he was having a really hard time accepting himself for liking someone he never met.

minho's face suddenly dropped when he thought about it. hyunjin felt really bad and grab a hold of the older's hand in his. he looked at him softly, but minho didn't even spare him a glance.

"hey, i know you're worried. i told you, there's nothing wrong with liking someone you never met. if the way he's texting is his real personality and you fell for that, that's completely normal,"

minho heart softens and he finally looked up to meet hyunjin's concerned eyes. he started tearing up and smiled, slowly accepting his feelings for jaeho.

if he's being honest with himself, he likes jaeho more than he realised. maybe to the point of loving him, but he would never admit that. not now, at least.

at last, minho spent his morning with hyunjin beside him. they watched some more netflix and hyunjin talked about seungmin. minho felt so happy for his best friend, and he hoped he would be too when he finally found someone right for himself.

when hyunjin left that afternoon for a date with his boyfriend, minho felt much more better than before. he started building questions in his head to ask jaeho later. maybe just some questions to catch a glimpse of how jaeho felt about him.

if the feelings are mutuals, he wouldn't know how to express how happy he would be. but that is if it really happened and minho didn't want to be hopeful yet.

remembering how he was drunk yesterday, he probably forgot to chat with jaeho yesterday. he felt really bad, so he decided to make it up to him this evening.

--

heyy guyss whatcha think about this 'a bit serious and emotional chapter'? it's bad i know lol i tried

just have to say this AGAIN i never know how being drunk feels like so sorry for any inaccuracies lol

and one more : thanks for all the supports, votes and comments! i really appreciate it <3

-love, dee