Chapter 2

The next morning
Location: Southern Water tribe.
________________________________________
(Y/N)'S POV
My eyes were starting to open as the light hits my eyes seeing that were in a hut made of ice I groan turning over to see Aang who looked like was having a nightmare. "Aang? Aang! Wake up! Katara says shaking him. He gasps as he sat up while I stood up.

" It's okay kid, we're in the village now." I soothe him, picking up my sword holder ( with the swords in it of course.) gloves and boots which were all neatly placed beside the matt I was sleeping on and setting it on my back. Aang nods taking in a deep breath.

" C'mon, get ready. Everyone is waiting to meet you two!" Katara instructs smiling at us. Aang stands up, puts his shirt on Katara then grabs both of our hands and pulls us out of the hut. "Wha/Whoa!" We exclaim as Katara drags us outside in front of the village. Which only consisted of some women and children.

"Aang, (Y/N), this is the entire village," Katara announces motioning to the people behind her. "The entire village, Aang and (Y/N)."She introduced. Aang and I bow to the villagers in a friendly/respectful manner, but they just back away from us.

" Uh. Why are they looking at us like that? Did Appa sneeze on us?!" Aang and I asked/exclaimed in unison before inspecting our clothing for 'Appa snot' as an old woman made her way over to us.

" Well, no one has seen an Airbender in a hundred years. We thought they were extinct until my granddaughter and grandson found you." The old woman says. "Extinct?" Aang questioned. " Aang, (Y/N) this is my grandmother." Katara introduced motioning to the old women.

" Call me Gran-Gran." She instructs us with an expression that screams 'I don't like you'
All over it. Sokka then walks over and grabs Aang's staff and examines it. " What is this, a weapon? You can't stab anything with this." He states.

" It's not for stabbing," Aang tells Sokka as he uses his bending to get his staff back. " It's for Airbending." He continues opening his staff to reveal two orangeish red wings while the children around us gasp in awe.

"Magic trick! Do it again!" A little girl exclaims smiling. " Not magic Airbending. It lets Aang control the air currents around his glider and fly." I explain to the little girl who smiles at me making me grin back.

" You know, last time I checked, humans can't fly." Sokka challenges as he crosses his arms. " Check again!" Aang says before launching into the air with his glider in hand. Soaring in the air, flipping and spinning for the eyes of the villagers who look at him in awe. I notice Aang look down at katara smiling but with him being so distracted he crashed into this tower thing and pulled his head out and I'm thinking it's Sokka's from the look of absolute horror on his face.

" My watchtower!" Sokka stammered as he ran over to inspect it. " That was amazing," Katara tells Aang as she helps him off the ground. He twirls his staff shut while Sokka was busy scanning his watchtower taking in the damage when a tiny avalanche made from the last of the watchtower burying him.

"Great. You're an Airbender, Katara's a Waterbender. Together, you can just waste time all day long." Sokka says irritation dripping in his voice as he tries to get out of the snow that he was buried under.
" You're a Waterbender!" Aang exclaims with excitement clear in his voice.
" Well, sort of. Not yet." Katara confesses sheepishly.

"Alright, no more playing, Come on Katara. You have chores." Gran-Gran tells Katara before leading her away from us. Glancing at Aang as he goofs off with the youngsters I decided he can't have all the fun.
So with a grin on my face, I ran over to them and wrapped my arms around Aang from behind traping his own and spin him around getting a squeal of surprise before he started to laugh with me joining in. The kids around us were also laughing and shouting how they wanted a turn too.