0.9||Hearts

finally publishing because ily all

It wasn't too late at night, and [Y/n] was already finished with all of her work that was due tomorrow. Today was Thursday, tomorrow would be Friday. This year, the beloved Valentine's Day would be on Friday.

Staring at her phone screen, [Y/n] was practically mindlessly scrolling through her feed. Because of the nearby holiday, there was no drought of Valentine's Day ads.

Letting out a huff from her nose, [Y/n] contemplated how she would be alone for this 'special' day.

Scratch that. Her past few years at Shiratorizawa, she hadn't really done anything special for this day. It was true that she got her own share of cards and candies, but she rejected all confessions on this day. At the moment, she really held no romantic feelings for anyone. [favorite character], however, was an exception.

This year, [Y/n] finally had the thought that she should do something for the team - and Yata, or course. [Y/n] did love them, all platonically. They were her friends, and she loved being friends with them.

Finally getting up and out of her chair, [Y/n] walked into the living room where her parents were. The two of them were discussing some news that had just been shown.

"Mom, Dad, do we have any construction paper? Red, pink, something along the lines of that?" Exchanging a quick look with each other, [Y/n]'s mother patted the empty spot next to her.

"[Y/n], are you making your significant other a card for Valentine's day?"

Shaking her head quickly, [Y/n] didn't hesitate to tell her parents that this was for her friends. Her mother seemed to pout a bit.

"Awww, so no girl talk about your crushes yet?"

"Of course not! [Y/n] should focus on her studies!" [Y/n]'s father exclaimed, the overprotective nature coming out. In his eyes, his daughter would never be old enough to date.

"Oh, hush! [Y/n]'s focusing just fine. Check some of the cabinets over there, [Y/n]. We might have something," [mother's name] directed her daughter to a few shelves. Hopefully, there would be some paper [Y/n] could use.

Much to her surprise, after digging for a good 10 minutes, [Y/n] pulled out a stack of construction paper of many colors. Looking through the colors, she found the ones she needed. Thanking her parents as she walked by with the stack of papers, [Y/n] made her way back to her room to begin her little project.

Maybe she didn't have a significant other to spend Valentine's Day with this year, but she did have all of her great friends, whom she loved very very much.