I Found You

A/N: I do not own The Wanted or anything/anyone associated with The Wanted, their management, any TV shows, magazines, TV channels or any other organisation that may be mentioned in this fanfic. Although, I do own the original characters and the plot for this fanfic so please don't steal it. Feel free to leave some feedback and thank you for reading <3 xx

We'll Stay Gold Forever

Chapter 1 ~

Today was going to be the best day of my life, I just didn't know it yet...

I walked out into the crisp, bright morning air. The grass was sparkling with tiny beads of frost and drops of rainwater. Today was a big today. My hands were shaking with nervousness. It was only my second week of working as a journalist for a teen magazine, and I had already been assigned the job of going to interview The Wanted, an extremely popular band around the world. I should know, I've been in love with them for years, a fan from the very start. Today should be the happiest of my life, but I felt dizzy and sick with nervousness. I got into my car and managed to focus enough on the directions I had been given, and I arrived at the hotel in plenty of time. I smoothed down my wavy, chesnut brown hair, took a deep breath, grabbed my bag and stepped out of the car. I walked briskly through the rotating glass door, past the paintings decorating the walls and up the black and white tiled floor; desperately trying to ignore the butterflies in my stomach.

"Yes?" the receptionist asked when I reached her.

"I'm Hannah Ferrier, the journalist. I'm here to interview The Wanted." I replied, with a slight shake to my voice.

"Oh yes, of course. If you will come this way please? Would you like anything to drink Miss Ferrier? Tea? Coffee? Water?" she replied with a smile.

"Oh I'm fine at the moment thank you."

We walked along a corridor with deep red wallpaper and a dark wooden floor until we reached a staircase. We clambered up two flights of stairs and when we reached the top I was shown into a hotel room right beside the staircase.

"You're slightly early, the boys are just finishing their photoshoot. I'll show them in here once they have finished."

"Alright, thank you," I replied with a weak smile. From then on, time seemed to pass so slowly, and the sick feeling in the pit of my stomach was getting worse and worse with every breath I took. Suddenly, there was a gentle knock on the door. It was time, don't screw this up Hannah, I told myself.

"Come in," I managed to choke out. Then in walked Tom, Max, Jay, Nathan and Siva and I was overwhelmed with a huge sense of relief. I suddenly felt extremely calm, the butterflies disappeared instantly, and I was left in the room with The Wanted. I was overwhelmed by their friendliness, they each came over to me, said hello and gave me a hug, and then sat down on the sofa opposite me, although Nathan came back for a second hug. I started off by introducing myself,

"Hello, I'm Hannah, I'll be interviewing you today."

"Great!" Tom replied, and the others nodded in agreement.

"That's a pretty name," Nathan said, looking straight at me with his gorgeous, deep, green eyes. I felt my cheeks flush pink with embarrassment, so I fumbled around awkwardly in my bag for the interview questions. What on earth was I supposed to reply with? Oh god, I'm messing this up already. I...

My train of thought was interrupted by Jay saying,

"It's ok, you can look at us you know. We won't bite."

"I know, I'm sorry," I replied, "it's just, I'm really new to this and this is the first interview I've ever done, and I'm not sure how to act and I don't want to mess it up and..." I trailed off when I realised that Nathan had got up and come to sit beside me. He put his arm around me, it felt strong, yet gentle, safe and firm. I wanted to stay like this forever.

"Hey, Hannah, it's ok. We understand, it's alright. You won't mess this up, just act like we're your best friends, ok?" He said to me gently, giving me another hug. Once he'd pulled away, I stared into his beautiful face, and lost my breath for a few seconds. It was in that moment that I knew: this is the man I love.

"Alright, so I should probably get started." I said, beginning the interview, and trying to act as normal as possible.

"Ok, so what's been the high point of The Wanted experience so far?" I asked, and the interview began.

Time seemed to fly past, and soon the interview was over. It had all passed so quickly.

"Thank you so much for talking to me today," I said to all of them,

"Oh no, thank you for coming and interviewing us!" Siva replied with a smile.

"Goodbye," I said with a sad smile as I headed towards the door. I felt a small pang of pain pierce my chest. This was horrible. No, I didn't want to go. I turned away quickly to head out the door so that they wouldn't see the tears in my eyes, threatening to spill if I took one last look at these five amazing people who I would never see again. Then suddenly, Nathan called out from behind me, just before I closed the door,

"Hannah! Wait!" He sounded desperate.

"Yes?"

"Umm, I was wondering, if maybe I could umm, possibly have your number? I mean, you're really nice and I'd like to have a friend like you and..." He trailed off, and looked down at his feet.

"Oh my gosh really? Yes! Of course you can!" I replied, filled with such a happy feeling, it felt as if I was flying.

"That's great!" Nathan said, his face lighting up with a smile.

We exchanged numbers whilst the other boys made wolf whistle noises in the background and teased Nath.

"Well, I guess I'll see you soon?" He said,

"Yes, I think so." I replied with a wide smile which stretched right across my face. I turned and headed out the door for a second time, but this time I was filled with overflowing happiness and joy. I headed towards the stair case which would lead me to the reception area.

As I turned the corner to go down the last flight of stairs, the heel of my boot became caught in a piece of frayed carpet. Without noticing I took another step, I lost my balance, lurched forward and slipped on the stairs. I fell on my side, tumbling down the last flight of stairs. I was aware of someone screaming. I wasn't sure who. Maybe it was me. I landed with a thud at the bottom, and then came the pain. It was everywhere. My body, my arms, my legs, my head. My left leg was twisted out at a strange angle. I couldn't move it without a sharp jolt of terrible pain. I lifted a hand to my head cautiously. When I drew it back, there was blood. I felt so dizzy and lightheaded. The walls around me were spinning uncontrollably and wouldn't stop. I could hear footsteps, coming nearer and nearer from above. I heard cries, and suddenly there was someone kneeling beside me, stroking my hair, tears streaming from his green eyes. I only knew one person with eyes like that, they belonged to a face that I would never forget. I had one last thought before I lost consciousness: Nathan. Nathan is here.

Then everything went black.