chapter Three

The world around blurred in that moment. It was almost like the world was in slow motion. All I could focus on in those seconds our eyes connect, was him. Alive and breathing.

So many thoughts ran through my head. How was all of this even possible?

Learning about the boy king at school was where my fascination with this time began. He was my introduction to this world. By being so, he became someone of huge importance to me. All I wanted to do was protect him. Both in his world and my own.

I couldn't even explain to anyone why I felt so strongly about the boy king. In my time he had died thousands of years ago. But my heart needed and cried for him. My soul felt oddly familiar with him and it honestly scared me sometimes.

To have such strong feelings about the boy king and then to be stood in front of him. Knowing that my task was to save him, was both daunting and fascinating. I could feel the pressure that this task had with every second that ticked by. How would I even begin?

At this point Anubis had faded into the background as well. Funny for how big and tall the jackal head God was.

I could feel my heart beating away at a rapid pace in my chest. With feeling of both nervousness and excited. Breaking eye contact with Tutankhamun had brought the world back to full speed. My eyes had glance around the room.

It had reminded me of a hall, but pretty painting decorated the walls of the building. There was long pillars two per side. Long tables sat down the centre and a Dias where the Pharaoh was located at the front. There he was sat in his famous throne. Two statues either side of the Dias, which I believed to be the sky God Horus.

It looked like Anubis had brought me to a banquet. People sat around the tables, food and drinks decorated the tables. My guess was that they were probably laughing and enjoying themself before I had appeared. Now the room held at odd silence as each person stared.

A guard had began to move towards me. I could feel my palm of my hands feeling clammy. I felt so scared in that moment. Like I knew the guard wordless grabbed hold of my upper arm and dragged me closer to the Dias. Closer to the Pharaoh and Ay. Both eying me wearily.

_________________________________________

I'm sorry this one is short. Still trying to work out how to write it. Kinda finding it harder because I want to be more accurate to the time. Hope you enjoy though 🖤