Four ♡♡

Not sure if anyone is reading this. Been put on temporary leave from work so I have time to update again. I'm sorry that it's taken so long. A little unsure on how to write this one out.
_________________________________________
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Standing in front of them felt more terrifying than standing a few feet away.

I had dropped my head as I had got closer to them. My mind drawing a blank as I wasnt sure how I would manage to get myself out of this situation.

I mean I had to be dreaming or something. This couldnt be real. In all the years that I had learnt about Egypt, I couldnt remember what they would do to me as punishment for being here.
If this was real then I could die here. That thought dominate my mind as I rack my brain trying to think of some reason why I was here.

'Keep calm.' I heard Anubis in my mind. I internally scoffed at that. How could anyone stay calm in this situation?
I felt the medji let go of my arm as he had stopped dragging me. His grip creating a burning feeling. I reach my hand up and rubbed when he had gripped, trying to make it feel better.
My eyes drifted back up, instantly connecting once more with the Pharaoh.

He looked at me with a curious expression on his face. Something I wasnt entirely expecting. I expected him to seem mad, angry. Anything other than curious.

I then moved my head over to Ay who was stood next to the Pharaoh throne. I could feel the angry and rage that I had in my body for this man. Every part of me wanted to destroy him. Protect Tutankhamun from ever being hurt by him.

I felt Anubis grip my wrist.
'Breathe. You cant get mad, the rage will consume you. It's dangerous. You are unaware of the power you hold.' He spoke.

A confused look had settle on my face at the comment. I wasnt powerful, just a normal girl stuck in the wrong time.

"Why are you here?" Ay had demanded, breaking me for my inner thoughts.
Anubis hand still held onto my wrist. I could feel him gently rub his thumb on my skin in a calming manner.

"I I'm here to p protect the Pharaoh." I spoke, thinking of the first thing that would come to my head.

I wasnt necessarily lying. I was here to protect and save him.

A puzzled look fell on the mens face. I felt like the ground needed to swallow me up. Embarrassment and nervousness filled my tummy as I waited for a response.

I could have kick myself in that moment for the way I handle that situation. My mind drawing a blank for any other explanation as to why I was here.

"Protect me?" Tutankhamun asked puzzled. My heart felt like it stopped in my chest for a second. Hearing him speak for the first time was surreal. A boy in my time that had been gone for 3,345 years. Living breathing and talking here.

"Yes my lord. I must protected you from bad forces. It's my duty, from the gods." I spoke, trying my hardest to sound more confident. Thinking that maybe it would help.

My heart continued to rapidly beat against my ribcage, as I waited for a response.

"Very well." He replied.